CBSE Class 12 Traditional Indian Textiles Question Paper 2019. Students can download the last year board exams question papers using the link below. Free download of examination question papers with solutions. Last 10 year question papers should be practised to get better marks in examinations.
1. Explain the following terms in 1 – 2 sentence each.
(a) Sozni (b) Lipai
(c) Devang weavers (d) Desizing
(e) Baluchari saris (f) Chintz
2. Fill in the blanks.
(a) ___________ is a special weaving technique from Banaras in which a motif is woven with an additional colour, which stands out and resembles the enameling in jewellery.
(b) Bagru and __________ in Rajasthan are knownfor their block printed textiles.
(c) The double ikat weaving tradition of Gujarat is called ___________ .
(d) ___________ are tie-dyed fabrics from Rajasthan with diagonal or zigzag lines created by wrap-resist technique.
(e) In Pipli, the applique embroidery is practised by artisans called __________ .
(f) The craft of ____________ flourished under the patronage of the Mughal courts.
Write very short answers.
3. What is ‘gamocha’ ? What is its significance ?
4. Name the four main stitches employed for Kasuti embroidery.
5. Define tie-dye technique. Give any two examples.
6. What is the reason for decline in the number of artisans practising the craft of Patola ?
7. How is a constant flow of dye maintained in the kalam while doing kalamkari ?
Please click the link below to download pdf file of CBSE Class 12 Traditional Indian Textiles Question Paper 2019.
Click for more Other Subjects Study Material ›