CBSE Class 12 Chemistry notes and questions for Chemical Kinetics Part C. Learning the important concepts is very important for every student to get better marks in examinations. The concepts should be clear which will help in faster learning. The attached concepts made as per NCERT and CBSE pattern will help the student to understand the chapter and score better marks in the examinations.
VSA QUESTIONS (1 - MARK QUESTIONS)
1. Define the term ‘rate of reaction’.
2. Mention the units of rate of reaction.
3. Express the rate of reaction in terms of Br– (aq) as reactant and Br2 (aq) as product for the reaction :
5 Br–(aq) + Br(aq) + 6H+ (aq) →3 Br2(aq) + 3H2O(/)
4. For a chemical reaction represented by R →P the rate of reaction is denoted by
-Δ[R] / Δt OR +Δ[P] / Δt
Why a positive sign (+) is placed before Δ[P] / Δt and negative sign(-) before Δ[R] / Δt?
5. Express the rate of reaction in terms of disappearance of hydrogen and appearance of ammonia in the given reaction.
N2(g) + 3 H2 (g) →2NH3 (g)
6. Why rate of reaction does not remain constant throughout?
7. Write the unit of first order rate constant of a gaseous reaction if the partial pressure of gaseous reactant is given in bar.
8. For a zero order reaction :
R →P, the change in concentration of reactant w.r.t. time is shown by following graph.
9. What will be the order of reaction, if the rate of reaction does not depend
on the concentration of any of the reactant.
10. For the elementary step of a chemical reaction :
H2 + I2 →2HI
rate of reaction [H2] [I2]
What is the (i) molecularity and (ii) order of the reaction.
11. For a chemical reaction A B. The rate of the reaction is given as Rate = k [A]n, the rate of the above reaction quadruples when the concentration of A is doubled. What is the value of n? [Ans. : n = 2]
12 Mention one example of zero order reaction.
13. What is the value of the order of reaction of radioactive decay? [Ans. : First order]
*14. Express the relation between the half life period of a reactant and initial concentration for a reaction of nth order.
[Ans : t½ α 1 / A0n–1
*15. A reaction is 50% complete in 2 hours and 75% complete in 4 hours. What
is the order of reaction? Ans : [First order]
16. Suggest an appropriate reason for the observation : “On increasing
temperature of the reacting system by 10 degrees, the rate of reaction
almost doubles or even sometimes becomes five folds.”
*17. For a chemical reaction, activation energy is zero and at 300K rate constant
is 5.9 × 10–5 s–1, what will be the rate constant at 400K?
[Ans. : 5.9
Please click the link below to download pdf file for CBSE Class 12 Chemistry notes and questions for Chemical Kinetics Part C.
Click for more Chemistry Study Material ›