1. Which group of scholars among the following reconstructed the dietary practices of Harappa from the remains of charred grains and seeds found in the Harappan sites ?
2. Why is the Harappan script called enigmatic ?
Choose the correct reason from the following options :
(A) It resembles the Hieroglyphic script of Egypt.
(B) It had too many symbols, between 600 and 1000 in number.
(C) It was written from left to right.
(D) Its writing remains undeciphered to date.
3. Which of the following scripts were deciphered by James Prinsep ?
(A) Bengali and Devanagari
(B) Sanskrit and Prakrit
(C) Brahmi and Kharosthi
(D) Greek and Indo-Greek
4. The Buddha’s foster mother, Mahapajapati Gotami was the first woman to be ordained as a _________.
What was the last message of the Buddha to his followers ?
5. Which one of the following texts contains the teachings of Mahavira or Jaina Philosophy ?
(B) Uttaradhyayana Sutta
(D) Sutta Pitaka
7. Study the following statements regarding Buddhism carefully :
I. Buddhism grew rapidly, both during the lifetime and after the death of Buddha.
II. Buddhism did not give much importance to conduct and values.
III. Buddhism appealed to many people who were dissatisfied with the existing religious practices.
IV. Buddhism laid much stress on superiority based on birth.
Which of the above statements are correct ?
(A) I and II
(B) II and IV
(C) I and III
(D) III and IV
8. Given below are two statements, one labelled as Assertion (A) and the other labelled as Reason (R).
Assertion (A) : Bernier was a firm believer in the virtues of private property. He saw crown ownership of land in the Mughal empire as being harmful to both State and the people.
Reason (R) : Landlords could not pass on their land to their children, so they were averse to any long time investment in the expansion of production.
From the above Assertion and Reason, find out which one of the following is true :
(A) Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) is the correct explanation of (A).
(B) Both (A) and (R) are true, but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A).
(C) Both (A) and (R) are false.
(D) Both (A) and (R) are true.
9. Which of the following is not a characteristic of Ibn Battuta’s book, Rihla ?
(A) This book is written in Persian.
(B) It provides rich and interesting details of the social and cultural life in the subcontinent.
(C) This book contains the travel experiences of the author.
(D) This book is an important source of knowledge.
Please click on below link to download CBSE Class 12 History Boards 2020 Question Paper Solved Set A.