Study Material for Class 12 Biology Chapter 2 Sexual Reproduction In Flowering Plants
Class 12 Biology students should refer to the following Pdf for Chapter 2 Sexual Reproduction In Flowering Plants in standard 12. These notes and test paper with questions and answers for Grade 12 Biology will be very useful for exams and help you to score good marks
Class 12 Biology Chapter 2 Sexual Reproduction In Flowering Plants
CBSE Class 12 Biology Reproduction in Flowering Plants Question Bank. There are many more useful educational material which the students can download in pdf format and use them for studies. Study material like concept maps, important and sure shot question banks, quick to learn flash cards, flow charts, mind maps, teacher notes, important formulas, past examinations question bank, important concepts taught by teachers. Students can download these useful educational material free and use them to get better marks in examinations. Also refer to other worksheets for the same chapter and other subjects too. Use them for better understanding of the subjects.
REPRODUCTION IN ORGANISMS
1. No organism is immortal, then why do we say there is no natural death in single – celled organisms?
2. What is the significance of reproduction?
3. Name the type of reproduction wherein the off springs produced are identical to each other and to the parent.
4 Name the stage of growth and maturity in the life of animals before they can reproduce sexually.
5. Name the scientific name of the plant which flower once in 12 years.
6. Name the type of fertilization wherein the survival of the organism up to adulthood is threatened.
7. Name the structure from where every sexually reproducing organism begins their life.
8. What is a meiocyte?
9. What do you mean by clones?
10. What is a vegetative phase in plants?
11. Name the type of plants that show clear cut vegetative, reproductive and senescent phases.
12. Name the plant which flower only once in their life time.
13. In seed plants how the non-motile gametes are carried to female gamete?
14. Differentiate between asexual and sexual method of reproduction.
15. Gametes are always haploid .How are the gametes produced from a haploid plant body and a diploid plant body?
16. How do the following organisms reproduce? Yeast, Amoeba.
17. Life spans of organisms are not necessarily correlated with their sizes. Explain
18. Name the asexual reproductive structures of the following: Chlamydomonas, Penicillum, Hydra, Sponge.
19. Explain the following terms. Isogametes, Anisogametes, staminate flower, Pistillate flower.
20. Why are Chara and Marchantia are referred to as monoecious and dioecious plants ?
21. What are hermaphrodite? Give an example.
22. Why do you refer Water Hyacinth as an invasive weed? Why is it difficult to get rid off them?
23. Why the number of male gametes produced is more than the number of female gamete?
24. Name the gametes produced by staminate and pistillate flowers.
25. Why are offsprings of oviparous animals at a greater risk as compared to offsprings of viviparous animals?
26. Cell division is itself a mode of reproduction .Name two single celled organisms and explains this.
27. What are zoospores ? Why are they referred so?
28. What do the following parts of a flower develop into after fertilization? Ovary, zygote, ovary wall, ovules.
29. Mention the three phases in the life cycle of plants and animals.
30. Study the figure, label the parts
31. What are vegetative propagules? Name the vegetative propagules of the following plants .Ginger, Agave, Bryophyllum ,Water hyacinth.
32. What are continuous breeders and seasonal breeders?
33. Where does syngamy occur?Explain with examples .
34. Explain the features exhibited by the organisms showing external fertilization to enhance the chances of syngamy .What is the disadvantage of external fertilization ?
35. Differentiate between oestrus and menstrual cycle with examples.
36. Write the sexuality in the following organisms.(a) earthworm (b) Cockroach (c) Chara (d) Marchantia (e) Sweet Potato (f)Leech.
37. What is parthenogenesis? Give an example.
38. What are oviparous and viviparous animals? Give examples.
Please click the link below to download CBSE Class 12 Biology Reproduction in Flowering Plants Question Bank.
Books recommended by teachers
|CBSE Class 12 Biology Reproduction in Organisms Diagrams|
|CBSE Class 12 Biology Reproduction in Organisms diagrams based questions|