CBSE Class 8 English Worksheet - Three Questions. Revision worksheets, Sample papers, Question banks and easy to learn study notes for all classes and subjects based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. Students and parents can download free a collection of all study material issued by various best schools in India. The study material has been carefully compiled by the best teachers in India. The students should practice the questions database to get better marks in examination. Please refer to other links for free download of high quality study material. Based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. Based on the same pattern as released by CBSE every year. Study material for final/ term/ SA1/ SA2 Examinations conducted by various schools affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in India and abroad. CBSE Study material has been compiled to help students preparation which will helps the students to concentrate more in areas which carry more marks.
INTERNATIONAL INDIAN SCHOOL, JEDDAH
Class:8[GS] Worksheet---Ls:3 Three Questions.
Choose the correct answer/ Fill in the blanks/State “ true or false”
1. The king made a proclamation that he would give a ________ to the one who answered his questions.
[a] award [b] gift [c] reward [d] present
2. The king had ________questions.
[a] five [b] two [c] four [d] three
3. “Varied” [para-3] means _____________.
[a] different [b] unnecessary [c] unequal [d] unimportant
4. The king decided to go to a __________.
[a] scholar [b] hermit [c] priest [d] teacher
5. The king gave ________to the injured man.
[a] fresh water [b] fresh juice [c] fresh fruits [d] fresh flowers
6. The king was the bearded man’s ___________.
[a] friend [b] enemy [c] guard [d] soldier
7. The king washed the bearded man’s _____________.
[a] hands [b] legs [c] wounds [d] hair
8. “If you can give me none please say so, and I will go home” who said these words.
[a] bearded man [b] learned man [c] king [d] guards
9. When I’m in the area I’ll _________on you.
[a] pay a compliment [b] pay respect [c] pay a penalty [d] pay a call
10. Many learned people came to the court and gave__________.
[a] same answers [b] correct answers [c] different answers [d] wrong answers
11. The hermit lived in a ________.
[a] small hut [b] big hut [c] dark hut [d] bright hut
12. The synonym of “convinced” is _________.
[a] satisfied [b] happy [c] unhappy [d] angry
13. The hermit was a _________ person.
[a] strong [b] brave [c] frail [d] bold
14. The hermit was ___________ when the king arrived.
[a] praying [b] eating [c] sleeping [d] digging
15. When he reached the king, he fell on the ground and fainted. Who is ‘he’?
[a] the sage [b] the hermit [c] the guard [d] the bearded man
16. Write the root words for the following:
[a] appealed _________ [b] submitted __________ [c] developed __________
17. The synonym of ‘beforehand’ is __________
[a] important [b] in advance [c] avoid [d] afterwards.
18. The writer of “Three Questions” is _________.
[a] Linda Pastan [b] Prabhu [c] Leo Tolstoy [d] Tagore
19. The king wanted to know the ________time to begin everything.
[a] right [b] exact [c] proper [d] good
20. The most important person for you is _________.
[a] your mother [b] your father [c] your teacher [d] the one with whom you are
21. Homophone of seize is __________.
[a] breeze [b] freeze [c] cease [d] tease
22. He _________for being late, he lost his place in the team.
[a] paid a penalty [b] paid a tribute [c] paid a call [d] paid a complaint
23.] The root word of “unfastened” is -___________.
[a] fast [b] fasten [c] unfasten [d] fastened
24. I pray you to answer my question, here “pray” means_________.
[a] speak to God [b] request [c] order [d] suggest
25. “Pray” in the above sentence is ________
[a] verb modifier [b] adj.modifier [c] adv.modifier [d] noun modifier
26.The hermit was known for his __________.
[a] bravery [b] kindness [c] honesty [d] wisdom.
27.The hermit silently handed over the spade. In this sentence _____ is the modifier.
[a] handed [b] spade [c] silently [d] over
28.Adverbs which refer to a particular time in the past go with ___________ tense.
[a] present perfect [b] simple past [c] simple future [d] simple present
29.Once a certain king had an idea. Here “ once” means ______________
[a] on one occasion [b] some unspecified time in past [c] at one time
30. Choose an adverb that collocates with “breathed”_____________.
[a] hurriedly [b] heavily [c] hardly
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 8 English Worksheet - Three Questions
Click for more English Study Material ›