Download Class 8 Science NCERT Solutions, latest sample papers and question papers with solutions, projects and important questions for upcoming exams, All material has been prepared based on latest guidelines, term examination pattern and blueprint issued by CBSE and NCERT
Click below for Class 8 Science worksheets with important questions and concepts, latest syllabus, NCERT CBSE books, NCERT solutions, hots, multiple choice questions (mcqs), flowcharts, formulas, concept maps, mind map, easy to learn concepts and study notes of all Class 8 Science chapters, online tests, value based questions (vbqs), sample papers and last year solved question papers. Also , Download CBSE Class 8 Study Material in PDF Form.
The important topics and the latest syllabus for class 8 Science is displayed below. NCERT books are prescribed for class 8 science, class tests, term examinations and final examinations are based on the NCERT syllabus. Various projects are also done in class 8 so that the students can understand the theoretical concepts properly
The Class 8 Science students should be able to perform the following:
- Explore surroundings, natural processes, phenomena using senses viz. seeing, touching, tasting, smelling, hearing. Also do Worksheets for Class 8 Science
- Pose questions and find answers through reflection, discussion, designing and performing appropriate activities, role plays, debates, use of ICT, etc.
- Record the observations during the activity, experiments, surveys, field trips, etc.
- Analyse recorded data, interpret results and draw inference/ make generalisations and share findings with peers and adults. Also try doing NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science.
- Exhibit creativity presenting novel ideas, new designs/patterns, improvisation, etc.
- Internalise, acquire and appreciate values such as cooperation, collaboration, honest reporting, judicious use of resources, etc. Also solve Question papers for Class 8 Science.
What Are The Important Topics To Be covered by Students Of Class 8 In Science?
Class 8 plays an essential part in the foundation for the higher classes. If students focus properly on the concepts of every subject of class 8 then this will surely help them to score good marks in the class and will be beneficial for them in higher classes too. There are many subjects in class 8 which are English, Science, Mathematics, Social Science, Sanskrit, Hindi.
The most interesting subject of class 8 is Science because it comes with a bunch of new interesting chapters which will surely gather more interest of students towards science. Many concepts are new to the students if compared with the previous classes. Having a weak base results in many consequences for the students in higher classes.
Here, are the chapters which are to be covered in class 8:
1: Microorganisms: This chapter mainly covers the Harmful Microorganisms, Food Preservatives, Nitrogen Fixations, and Nitrogen cycle, which are primary topics present in the chapter.
2: Coal and Petroleum: Mainly focuses on the importance of and dependence on fossil fuels. What is its impact on the environment? Also, Explains to you about Natural gas.
3 Synthetic Fibers and Plastics: It mainly covers the types, structures of synthetic fibers, Plastic, its types and impacts on the environment.
4. Metals and Non-Metals: It focuses mainly on the classification of metal and Non-metals, Physical properties and chemical properties of metals, Physical and chemical properties of non- metal. Most importantly uses of both metal as well as non-metal.
5.Combustion and flames: This chapter tells us about different types of fuels like CNG, PNG, LPG, fuels used in the industry and homes, their uses and effects on nature. The chemical procedure for the burning of different types of fuels etc.
Also, student may download NCERT Solutions and refer them while preparing for the examinations.
6. Cell: Mainly contains the information about the cell, its types and with structure, functions of different parts of cells, its composition and formation, the discovery of the cell.
7. Crop Management: It mainly tells about the types of crop practices followed in different parts of the country. The steps of crop management and its necessity.
8. Conservation of plants and animals: This chapter not only encourages students about the conservation of plants and animals but also tells about the human activities which are simply affecting the environment results in declining nature's attractiveness.
9. Reproduction in animals: Mainly contains the modes and procedures in the reproduction of animals.
10. Reproduction in Human: It mainly tells what are the changes that come in human beings after attaining the age of adolescence. Effects of Hormones in attending the age of adolescence.
Download the sample paper for class 8 science prepared by our expert and professionals from the latest edition of NCERT books.
11. Force and pressure: This chapter is one of the most important and easy to understand in nature. The students will able to understand the concept very easily.
12. Friction: Friction is a crucial topic in physics. which explains its cause, effects, impacts, and applications.
13. Sounds: It talks about the difference between the music and the noise. The types of noise, effects of noise pollution on the environment especially human beings and how to control it.
14. Current: It mainly covers the chemical effects of electric current, how the conduction of electric current takes place in fluids?
15. Natural Phenomena: This will explain the natural phenomena that happen in the environment like Earthquake, Lightning. The effects of light, preventive measures, the process of lightning, etc.
Download extra questions for class 8 science prepared by our expert and professionals from the latest edition of NCERT books.
16. Light: It covers topics like what makes things visible, laws of reflections, properties of light and diffusion, its causes, etc.
17. The solar system: Mainly covers Celestial objects, its structure, Moon, periods of the moon, different positions of the moon, etc.
18. Air and Water Pollution: This covers the effects, causes of air pollution affecting the health of our planet and the steps to curb it.
These are main topics that are to be covered by students in order to obtain optimum marks in the exam.
In order to score good marks in the exam, students can refer the class 8 NCERT Solutions for science .
We all know that science is the most important subject for students. which mainly focuses on discoveries and innovative ideas. The best way to understand the concept is by taking help from the NCERT Solutions for class 8 . Understanding the concept is very important in class 8 because it is the building blocks for higher classes.
Most students end in wasting their precious time finding the right solutions for Class 8 Science. As you all know having a study time and proper time management is one of the keys to performing outstandingly in the CBSE board exam.
Studies today is the answer to all your questions. You can download the previous year's sample papers, class 8 NCERT solutions, hot questions, notes that are made by the professionals having the vast experience of teaching the subject in the PDF format which will benefit you in case your internet connection doesn’t work.
With the help of solutions, you will be able to solve all NCERT class 8 science problems easily and effectively. This also makes your concept crystal clear. Apart from this, you can get the latest CBSE updates from our website Studies today in just one click.
Crop production: How are different food crops produced? What are the various foods we get from animal sources?
What living organisms do we see under a microscope in a drop of water? What helps make curd? How does food go bad? How do we preserve food?
-Materials in daily life
Are some of our clothes synthetic? How are they made? Where do the raw materials come from?
Do we use other synthetic materials?
Do we use cloth (fabric) for purposes other than making clothes to wear? What kind of fabric do we see around us? What are they used for?
Different kinds of materials and their reactions.
Can a wire be drawn out of wood? Do copper or aluminum also rust like iron? What is the black material inside a pencil? Why are electrical wires made of aluminum or copper?
How things change/react with one another What happens to the wax when a candle is burnt? Is it possible to get this wax back?
What happens to kerosene/natural gas when it is burnt? Which fuel is the best? Why?
3. The World of the Living
- Why conserve
What are reserve forests/ sanctuaries etc? How do we keep track of our plants and animals? How do we know that some species are in danger of disappearing? What would happen if you continuously cut trees?
- The cell
What is the internal structure of a plant – what will we see if we look under the microscope? Which cells from our bodies can be easily seen? Are all cells similar?
- How babies are formed
How do babies develop inside the mother? Why does our body change when we reach our teens? How is the sex of the child determined? Who looks after the babies in your homes? Do all animals give birth to young ones?
4. Moving things, People and Ideas
-Idea of force
What happens when we push or pull anything? How can we change the speed, direction of a moving object? How can we shape the shape of an object?
What makes a ball rolling on the ground slow down?
-Pressure Why are needles made pointed? Why does a balloon burst if too much air is blown into it? Why does an inverted glass/ bottle/pitcher resist
being pushed down into the water? How can air/liquids exert pressure?
How do we communicate through sound? How is the sound produced? What characterizes different sounds?
5. How Things Work Electric current and circuits
Why do we get a shock when we touch an electric appliance with wet hands?
What happens to a conducting solution when electric current flows through it?
How can we coat an object with a layer of metal?
6. Natural Phenomena Rain, thunder and lightning
What is lightning? What safety measures should we take against lightning strikes?
What are the differences between the images formed on a new utensil and an old one?
Why is there this difference?
When you see your image in the mirror it appears as if the left is on the right – why?
Why don’t we see images on all surfaces around us? What makes things visible?
How do we see images of our back in a mirror?
Why do we sometimes see colors on oil films on water?
What is inside our eye that enables us to see?
Why are some people unable to see?
What do we see in the sky at night? How can we identify stars and planets?
What happens during an earthquake? What can we do to minimize its effects?
7. Natural Resources Man’s intervention in phenomena of nature What do we do with wood?
What if we had no wood?
What will happen if we go on cutting trees/grass without limit?
What do we do with coal and petroleum? Can we create coal and petroleum artificially?
What do we do with coal and petroleum? Can we create coal and petroleum artificially?
-Pollution of air and water
What are the various activities by human beings that make air impure? Does clear, transparent water indicate purity?
Latest NCERT & CBSE News
Read the latest news and announcements from NCERT and CBSE below. Important updates relating to your studies which will help you to keep yourself updated with latest happenings in school level education. Keep yourself updated with all latest news and also read articles from teachers which will help you to improve your studies, increase motivation level and promote faster learning
The National Mission for Clean Ganga, Ministry of Jal Shakti in collaboration with Kalantar Art Trust is organizing KALANTAR-2020: National Online Painting Championship with the aim to provide a platform to youth and school children to demonstrate their artistic skills...
Competency is a set of skills, abilities, knowledge that helps an individual perform a given task in real life. Every learning should go into the imbibing of these skills to lead a productive and joyful life. The NATIONAL EDUCATION POLICY-2020 calls for shift towards...
As a part of Shikshak Parv celebration, an online quiz competition on National Education Policy 2020 will be organized by the Ministry of Education, Govt. of India, from 5 th September to 25th September 2020 in order to create awareness about NEP among all stakeholders...
Kids are the Future of our Country! Outlines have changed and so should the formats of existence! It is the best time to teach our kids the pleasure of Self-Discipline, Self-Realization and Self-Control. To keep the future generation safe in such unpredictable...
Green Olympiad is a value driven project conducted by TERI (The Energy and Resources Institute) for school students annually since 1999. This Olympiad assesses the environment quotient of students and also enhances their understanding on issues related to sustainable...
Training of CBSE School Teachers on Olabs in collaboration with C-DAC Mumbai: OLabs is a platform jointly developed by the Ministry of Electronics and Telecommunications, Government of India, CDAC, and Amrita University to facilitate a virtual experience of CBSE...