Download Class 8 Mathematics NCERT Solutions for all chapters, latest sample papers and Question papers of various schools with solutions, worksheets with important questions and answers and online tests. Access free study material prepared by CBSE teachers prepared based on latest guidelines, term examination pattern and blueprint issued by CBSE and NCERT
Click below for Class 8 Mathematics important worksheets, latest syllabus, NCERT CBSE books, NCERT solutions, hots, multiple choice questions (mcqs), formulas, concept maps, equations, easy to learn concepts and study notes of all class 8 mathematics chapters, click on chapters below for downloading study material. Moreover , you can also Download Class 8 Social Science Study Material in PDF Form.
The Class 8 Mathematics students should be able to perform the following:
- Explore examples of rational numbers with all the operations and explore patterns in these operations.
- Use generalised form of numbers up to 3 digits and uses her understanding of algebra to derive the divisibility rules for 2, 3, 4…. done earlier by observing patterns on them.
- Explore patterns in square numbers, square roots, cubes and cube roots of numbers and form rules for exponents as integer.
- Provide situations that lead to simple equations and encourage them to solve using suitable processes.
- Experiences of multiplying two algebraic expressions and different polynomials may be provided based on their previous knowledge of distributive property of numbers and generalise various algebraic identities using concrete examples.
- Based on their previous knowledge of factorising two numbers introduce the factorisation of algebraic expressions using relevant activities. Also do Worksheets for Class 8 Mathematics
- Situation may be provided that involve the use of percentages in contexts like discount, profit & loss, VAT, simple and compound interest, etc.
- Provide various situations to generalise the formula of compound interests through repeated use of simple interest.
- A number of situations may be given where one quantity depends on the other. Encourage children to identify situations in which both the quantities increase together or in which while one increases the other decreases. For example, as the speed of a vehicle increases the time taken by it to cover the distance decreases.
- Measure the angles and sides of different quadrilaterals and let them identify patterns in the relationship among them. Let them make their hypothesis on the basis of the generalisation of the patterns and later on verify through examples.
- Verify the properties of parallelograms and apply reasoning by doing activities such as constructing parallelograms, drawing their diagonals and measuring their sides and angles.
- Express/represent a 3-D shape into its 2-D form from their daily life like, drawing a box on a plane surface, showing bottles on paper, board or wall etc.
- Make nets of various shapes like cuboids, cubes, pyramids, prisms, etc. From nets let them make the shapes and establish relationship among vertices, edges and surfaces.
- Demonstrate the construction of various quadrilaterals using geometric kit. Also try doing NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Mathematics
- Sketch the figure of trapezium and other polygons in the given graph paper and asked student to estimate their areas using counting of unit square.
- Derive the formula for calculating area of trapezium using the areas of triangle and rectangle (square).
- Identify that surfaces of various 3-D objects like cubes, cuboids and cylinder.
- Derive formulae for surface area of cubes and cuboids using the formulae for areas of rectangles, squares and circles.
- Demonstrate to find volume of a given cube and cuboid using unit cubes.
- Collect data, organise it into groups and represent it into bar graphs/ pie chart. Also solve Question papers for Class 8 Mathematics
- Conduct activities related to throwing a large number of identical dice/coins together and aggregating the result of the throws to get large number of individual events and make their assumption for the future events on the basis of the above data. Observing the aggregating numbers over a large number of repeated events also help in forecasting the chances of future events.
Latest NCERT & CBSE News
Read the latest news and announcements from NCERT and CBSE below. Important updates relating to your studies which will help you to keep yourself updated with latest happenings in school level education. Keep yourself updated with all latest news and also read articles from teachers which will help you to improve your studies, increase motivation level and promote faster learning
CBSE has released very important FAQs for class 10 and class 12 students who have given the board exams. Students have been coming up with lot of queries and have lot of questions relating to what are the next steps of CBSE. The following FAQs by CBSE will help to...
HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal, through a video conference with all the education ministers of the state, discussed the further steps to be taken to smoothen the education process during the Covid-19 lockdown. The most important topic which was discussed repeatedly on...
CBSE Board Exams 2020: Here's when Board will organize the CBSE Class X and Class XII Board Exams. All the candidates appearing for CBSE Standard X and Standard XII Board Exams 2020 can cross-check the essential notice released by the board concerning the...
CBSE has released press note for the dates for the CBSE Board exams for Class 10. CBSE said “With regards to conduct of Class X examinations several queries are being received by the CBSE. In this context, it is once again reiterated that remaining examinations of...
Anticipated CBSE result 2020 Date and Time: This is all you wish to know! Here is the news which all students are waiting for. The expected date and time for the CBSE Class X and XII Results 2020 can be viewed here by the students. CBSE Result 2020: The Central Board...
CBSE Board Exams 2020: Here's when Board will organize the CBSE Class X and Class XII Board Exams. All the candidates appearing for CBSE Standard X and Standard XII Board Exams 2020 can cross check the essential notice released by the board concerning rearrangement of...