Download Class 8 Mathematics NCERT Solutions for all chapters, latest sample papers and Question papers of various schools with solutions, worksheets with important questions and answers and online tests. Access free study material prepared by CBSE teachers prepared based on latest guidelines, term examination pattern and blueprint issued by CBSE and NCERT
Click below for Class 8 Mathematics important worksheets, latest syllabus, NCERT CBSE books, NCERT solutions, hots, multiple choice questions (mcqs), formulas, concept maps, equations, easy to learn concepts and study notes of all class 8 mathematics chapters, click on chapters below for downloading study material. Moreover , you can also Download Class 8 Social Science Study Material in PDF Form.
The Class 8 Mathematics students should be able to perform the following:
- Explore examples of rational numbers with all the operations and explore patterns in these operations.
- Use generalised form of numbers up to 3 digits and uses her understanding of algebra to derive the divisibility rules for 2, 3, 4…. done earlier by observing patterns on them.
- Explore patterns in square numbers, square roots, cubes and cube roots of numbers and form rules for exponents as integer.
- Provide situations that lead to simple equations and encourage them to solve using suitable processes.
- Experiences of multiplying two algebraic expressions and different polynomials may be provided based on their previous knowledge of distributive property of numbers and generalise various algebraic identities using concrete examples.
- Based on their previous knowledge of factorising two numbers introduce the factorisation of algebraic expressions using relevant activities. Also do Worksheets for Class 8 Mathematics
- Situation may be provided that involve the use of percentages in contexts like discount, profit & loss, VAT, simple and compound interest, etc.
- Provide various situations to generalise the formula of compound interests through repeated use of simple interest.
- A number of situations may be given where one quantity depends on the other. Encourage children to identify situations in which both the quantities increase together or in which while one increases the other decreases. For example, as the speed of a vehicle increases the time taken by it to cover the distance decreases.
- Measure the angles and sides of different quadrilaterals and let them identify patterns in the relationship among them. Let them make their hypothesis on the basis of the generalisation of the patterns and later on verify through examples.
- Verify the properties of parallelograms and apply reasoning by doing activities such as constructing parallelograms, drawing their diagonals and measuring their sides and angles.
- Express/represent a 3-D shape into its 2-D form from their daily life like, drawing a box on a plane surface, showing bottles on paper, board or wall etc.
- Make nets of various shapes like cuboids, cubes, pyramids, prisms, etc. From nets let them make the shapes and establish relationship among vertices, edges and surfaces.
- Demonstrate the construction of various quadrilaterals using geometric kit. Also try doing NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Mathematics
- Sketch the figure of trapezium and other polygons in the given graph paper and asked student to estimate their areas using counting of unit square.
- Derive the formula for calculating area of trapezium using the areas of triangle and rectangle (square).
- Identify that surfaces of various 3-D objects like cubes, cuboids and cylinder.
- Derive formulae for surface area of cubes and cuboids using the formulae for areas of rectangles, squares and circles.
- Demonstrate to find volume of a given cube and cuboid using unit cubes.
- Collect data, organise it into groups and represent it into bar graphs/ pie chart. Also solve Question papers for Class 8 Mathematics
- Conduct activities related to throwing a large number of identical dice/coins together and aggregating the result of the throws to get large number of individual events and make their assumption for the future events on the basis of the above data. Observing the aggregating numbers over a large number of repeated events also help in forecasting the chances of future events.
Latest NCERT & CBSE News
Read the latest news and announcements from NCERT and CBSE below. Important updates relating to your studies which will help you to keep yourself updated with latest happenings in school level education. Keep yourself updated with all latest news and also read articles from teachers which will help you to improve your studies, increase motivation level and promote faster learning
CBSE vide Circular No.Acad-51/2021 dated 5th July, 2021, notified that in the session 2021-2022, Board Examinations would be conducted in two terms, i.e.. Term I and Term II. This decision was taken due to the uncertainty arising out of COVID 19 Pandemic. Term I...
The Central Institute of Educational Technology (CIET), a constituent unit of National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT), is inviting entries for the 26th All India Children’s Educational Audio Video Festival (AICEAVF). This festival showcases the...
This is with reference to CBSE Notification No. 40/2021 dated 04.05.2021 regarding the Innovation Ambassador program – An online training program for teachers by CBSE in collaboration with Ministry of Education’s Innovation Cell (MIC) and AICTE. In view of the current...
Science is inexplicably linked with our lives and helps us to understand the world around us better. Scientific and technological developments contribute to progress and help improve our standards of living. By engaging with this subject, students learn to think, solve...
Ministry of Education, Govt of India vide letter No. F.No. 12-5/2020-IS-4 dated 16.12.2021 has intimated that under the banner Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav the National Yogasanasports Federation has decided to run a project of 750 million Surya Namaskar from 01 January 2022...
UNESCO has declared 21st February of every year to be celebrated as International Mother Language day to promote dissemination of Mother Language of all, create awareness of linguistic and cultural traditions and diversity across the world and to inspire solidarity...