CBSE Class 8 English Worksheet - Body Line. Revision worksheets, Sample papers, Question banks and easy to learn study notes for all classes and subjects based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. Students and parents can download free a collection of all study material issued by various best schools in India. The study material has been carefully compiled by the best teachers in India. The students should practice the questions database to get better marks in examination. Please refer to other links for free download of high quality study material. Based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. Based on the same pattern as released by CBSE every year. Study material for final/ term/ SA1/ SA2 Examinations conducted by various schools affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in India and abroad. CBSE Study material has been compiled to help students preparation which will helps the students to concentrate more in areas which carry more marks.
INTERNATIONAL INDIAN SCHOOL, JEDDAH
Class 8 [GS] WORK SHEET: Ls…11 BODY LINE
Choose the correct answer/ Fill in the blanks/State “ true or false”
1. Bodyline is a word in ______________________
[a] cricket [b] hockey [c] foot ball.
2. A controversial series of matches between ______________ and ______________ went on
to become a major story in history.
[a] India / Pakistan [b] England / Australia [c] India / Pakistan
3. Until1877 news about a match was ________________ each day.
[a] emailed [b] telegraphed [c] telephoned
4. Successful players were looked on as ____________________
[a] royals [b] heroes [c] warriors
5. England was defeated in a match played at a London cricket ground called Oval. (T / F) ( )
6. _____________________ news paper said English Cricket is dead.
[a] Australian [b] British [c] American
7. Two years later, The English news paper referred to the England team’s voyage to Australia as a __________________
[a] chase for victory [b] quest to regain the Ashes [c] journey to Australia.
8. The 1930-31 Ashes series played in England was won by _________________
[a] England [b] Australia [c] both
9. The Selection Committee appointed Douglas R. Jardine the __________________
[a] bowler [b] captain [c] umpire.
10. Douglas R. Jardine known for his toughness was nick named _________________
[a] Iron Duke [b] Copper Duke [c] Silver Duke
11. Jardine viewed film strip of the __________ recently played in England to decide a strategy.
[a] series [b] matches [c] games.
12. Jardine decided the best strategy was to bowl repeated __________________ bouncers on the batsman’s leg stump.
[a] fast [b] slow [c] medium space
13. There was a great chance of the ball hitting the batsman body which would ____________ and __________________ the bats man.
[a] upset / distract [b] harm / annoy [c] hurt / damage
14. The close in fielders would be ready to take advantage of such _____________
[a] chance [b] error [c] disturbance
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 8 English Worksheet - Body Line
Click for more English Study Material ›