CBSE Class 8 English Worksheet - Figures Of Speech - Practice worksheets for CBSE students. Prepared by teachers of the best CBSE schools in India.
FORMATIVE ASSESSMENT 3 CLASS VIII ENGLISH
ASSIGNMENT No. 14
FIGURES OF SPEECH
Identify Similes, Metaphors, Personification and Transferred Epithet in the following sentences:
1. He passed a sleepless night.
2. Richard fought like a lion.
3. Richard was a lion in the fight.
4. The plough-man homeward plods his weary way.
5. Death lays his icy hands on kings.
6. The frog began his concert.
7. The poem is as lovely as a tree.
8. The sun is like a ball of fire.
9. The cat’s eyes were jewels gleaming in the darkness.
10. The flames ate hungrily at the wood.
11. She has a heart of stone.
12. Her hair was silk.
13. I saw her with a sad book.
14. The slow hours passed in agony.
15. The wind screamed and howled.
16. They speak like saints.
17. Hope is a tattered flag.
18. The sun sheds his beams on the rich and poor alike.
19. When the gates were opened, the children surged forward like a swarm of bees.
20. The toy bear smiled as the little boy hugged him.
21. The news was a dagger to her heart.
22. The noisy class was punished.
23. I gazed at the silent mountains.
24. Time stood still.
25. I ran into the friendly house.
Students must free download and practice these worksheets to gain more marks in exams. CBSE Class 8 English Worksheet - Figures Of Speech
Click for more English Study Material ›