CBSE Class 8 English Worksheet - The Street That Got Mislaid. Revision worksheets, Sample papers, Question banks and easy to learn study notes for all classes and subjects based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. Students and parents can download free a collection of all study material issued by various best schools in India. The study material has been carefully compiled by the best teachers in India. The students should practice the questions database to get better marks in examination. Please refer to other links for free download of high quality study material. Based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. Based on the same pattern as released by CBSE every year. Study material for final/ term/ SA1/ SA2 Examinations conducted by various schools affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in India and abroad. CBSE Study material has been compiled to help students preparation which will helps the students to concentrate more in areas which carry more marks.
INTERNATIONAL INDIAN SCHOOL, JEDDAH
Class:8[GS] Worksheet---Ls:1 The Street That Got Mislaid
Choose the correct answer/ Fill in the blanks/State “ true or false”
1. The simple form of “laid” is __________.
(a) lie (b) lay (c) laid
2. The ________ was laid in Marc’s mind.
(a) map of the city (b) map of the town (c) map of the village
3. Marc worked as a __________ of the filing section.
(a) manager (b) peon (c) clerk
4. Opposite gender of “landlady” is ____________
5. Something terrible happened on __________ that filled him with amazement.
[a] afternoon / someday of August [b] evening/ 1st August [c] afternoon/ 1st August
6. _____________ was a lost, forgotten street.
[a] Green Bottle Street [b] Montreal City Hall [c] Bottle Green Street
7. The last inspection was done some ___________ ago.
[a] 14yrs 5m 15 days [b] 5 yrs 4 m 15days [c] 15 yrs 5m 14 days
8. The office was shifted to _____________.
[a] another floor [b] 1st floor [c] 2nd floor
9. He took “the afternoon off” means
[a] took half day leave [b] took afternoon home [c] removed afternoon
10. The location was __________ by him.
[a] known imperfectly [b] unknown [c] known perfectly
11. He located the place with the help of the ________.
[a] map given by his boss [b] map drawn by his mind [c] map given by the residents.
12. There was a _________door at a distance of a few feet from the entry.
[a] tall and solid wooden [b] short and solid wooden [c] tall and solid iron
13. The street was Green Bottle Street because it was ___________.
[a] like a bottle [b] liked by Marc [c] liked by the municipality
14. There were __________ pairs of houses.
[a] 9 [b] 6 [c] 3
15. House number ________ was still unoccupied.
16. A ___________ was watering the ________ whose age was __________.
[a] woman/roses/60 [b] woman/roses/66 [c] woman/lilies/60
17. Mr.PLonsky and Mr. Michael were travelers [true/false]
18. The person whom Marc first met was the owner of ____________.
[a] 1st house/right side [b] 1st house/left side [c] 2nd house/right side
19. The property was _________ to the tenants by its owner.
[a] sold [b]given on lease [c] left
20.The owner of the property was _____________.
[a] dead [b] alive [c] missing
21. Marc tore the card and threw in the __________can.
22. Michael Flanagan lived in house number___________.
23.The tenants stopped paying the taxes because they _____________
[a] had no money [b] were not interested [c] were not reminded
24.________ kept herself busy with flowers and books.
25._____________ concealed the entry with a door.
26. Mr. Plonsky was a person who was searching for a bride. [true/false]
27. Marc’s landlady was always noisy but never violent. [true/ false]
28. Miss. Hunter played piano and gave concerts to entertain the residents .[true/false]
29.Marc spoke to Miss. Trusdale , the occupant of house number one.[true/false]
30. If Marc exposed the hidden street, there would be ______________.
[a] celebrations [b] rewards [c] problems
31.Jean Desselin brought ______________ as his neighbour to live in house number______.
32. Marc decided to keep the street hidden because he wanted to shift there.[true/false].
33. Marc was an opportunist.[true/false]
34.Marc would live with Mr. Jean Desselin [true/false]
35.Green Bottle Street would be mislaid forever.[true/false]
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 8 English Worksheet - The Street That Got Mislaid
Click for more English Study Material ›