CBSE Class 8 English Worksheet - The Summit Within. Revision worksheets, Sample papers, Question banks and easy to learn study notes for all classes and subjects based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. Students and parents can download free a collection of all study material issued by various best schools in India. The study material has been carefully compiled by the best teachers in India. The students should practice the questions database to get better marks in examination. Please refer to other links for free download of high quality study material. Based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. Based on the same pattern as released by CBSE every year. Study material for final/ term/ SA1/ SA2 Examinations conducted by various schools affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in India and abroad. CBSE Study material has been compiled to help students preparation which will helps the students to concentrate more in areas which carry more marks.
THE SUMMIT WITHIN
Choose the correct alternative :
1. Standing on the Everest, the author, H.P.S. Ahluwalia was __________.
(a) enthusiastic (b) very happy
(c) very sad and jubilant (d) very excited
2. As the author stood on the Everest, the dominant emotion was __________.
(a) Pride (b) humility
(c) apathy (d) none of these
3. By climbing the summit of Everest, one is overwhelmed by deep sense of __________.
(a) joy (b) thankfulness
(c) joy and thankfulness (d) selfishness
4. The author mentions another summit, the summit of __________.
(a) mind (b) Heart
(c) progress (d) None of these
5. The author questions himself as to why people __________?
(a) got abroad (b) tell lies
(c) hate others (d) climb mountains
6. The author had been attracted by mountains __________.
(a) for ten years (b) since his childhood
(c) since he joined armed forces (d) None of these
7. Three qualities that played a major role in the author’s climb are __________.
(a) endurance (b) persistence
(c) will power (d) all these
8. The author believes that mountains are a means of __________.
(a) income (b) communication
(c) communion with God (d) None of these
9. “Our bodies were only the vehicle for housing the determination to overcome it all--------” it refers to __________.
(a) obstacles (b) difficulties
(c) hindrances (d) all these
10. “Nine tenths hell, one tenth beauty”. This definition of climbing was given by __________.
(a) An American mountaineer (b) An Indian mountaineer
(c) Edmound Hillary (d) Phu Dorji
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 8 English Worksheet - The Summit Within
Click for more English Study Material ›