CBSE Class 8 English Worksheet - My Fair Lady - Practice worksheets for CBSE students. Prepared by teachers of the best CBSE schools in India.
SUMMATIVE ASSESSMENT 2 CLASS VIII ENGLISH
ASSIGNMENT NO. 16
TOPIC: MY FAIR LADY
1) How did Higgins meet Eliza? What was his opinion about her?
2) What was the challenge that Higgins took up?
3) Why was Eliza angry in the end? Was she right in doing so?
4) What were the instructions and warnings given to Eliza by Higgins when she had gone to stay with him?
5) What were Higgins’ views about the English language?
6) What did Eliza want from life?
7) What did Eliza offer in return for taking classes from him? What was his reaction?
8) Reference to context :
(a) “The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain”
i. Who said this line the first time?
ii. Why is it important?
(b) “Oh, don’t worry, I have plenty more.’’
i. Who says the above words and to whom?
ii. What does this tell us about the speaker?
iii. What does the speaker have in plenty?
(c) “You should get a medal Or be even made a knight.’’
i. Name the speaker.
ii. To whom is he speaking?
iii. Who should get a medal and why?
(d) “There are your slippers! And there!’’
i. Who is the speaker?
ii. Whose slippers are being thrown?
iii. Why is the speaker throwing the slippers at the listener?
9) What lesson have you learnt from this story?
Students must free download and practice these worksheets to gain more marks in exams. CBSE Class 8 English Worksheet - My Fair Lady
Click for more English Study Material ›