CBSE Class 8 English Worksheet - Brighter Still. Revision worksheets, Sample papers, Question banks and easy to learn study notes for all classes and subjects based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. Students and parents can download free a collection of all study material issued by various best schools in India. The study material has been carefully compiled by the best teachers in India. The students should practice the questions database to get better marks in examination. Please refer to other links for free download of high quality study material. Based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. Based on the same pattern as released by CBSE every year. Study material for final/ term/ SA1/ SA2 Examinations conducted by various schools affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in India and abroad. CBSE Study material has been compiled to help students preparation which will helps the students to concentrate more in areas which carry more marks.
INTERNATIONAL INDIAN SCHOOL, JEDDAH
Grade VI[GS] WORKSHEET:Ls…7Brighter Still
Choose the correct answer/fill in the blanks/true or false:
1. Brahmadatta was the King of
(a) Calcutta (b) Varanasi (c) Allahabad (d) Delhi
2. The King’s favourite animal to hunt was
(a) Deer (b) Tiger(c) Peacock (d) Lion
3. When the peasants saw the king coming, they were
(a)Frightened (b)happy and greeted him
(c)looked at the ground and shook their heads mournfully
4. How many big herds of deer were there in Banaras?
(a)One (b) Two (c) Three (d) Four
5. The head of the peasants was known as
(a)Chief (b) Old (c) Jawan(d) Young
6. The peasants built a __________ for the deer to be trapped.
(a)Forest (b) Sanctuary (c) Park (d) House
7. Who said I have a plan, “let’s take turns and die willingly”
(a)Brighter Still (b) Brighter than the Sun (c) King (d) Peasants
8. When Brahmadatta found out the plan he was angry and felt he was a King and not a _______
(a)Hunter (b) Peasant(c) Butcher (d)Murderer
9. When everyone saw the golden deer offering his neck, they
(a)were frightened and ran away(b)were surprised and did not know what to say
(c)were happy and asked the king to shoot (d) started crying bitterly.
10. “I give them their lives too”. Who said this?
(a)Brighter Still (b) Brighter than the Sun (c) People (d) King
11. According to the lesson what is the highest mercy?
(a)Sacrifice your own happiness for others (b)Lives only for one’s happiness.
(c) Punish others if they don’t listen to you (d) Keep out and do not interfere.
12. “Antlers” means
(a) Male deer (b)Horns of deer (c) Female deer(d)Group of deer
13. The word “sturdy” means
(a) Powerful(b)Energetic (c)Strong (d)Enthusiastic
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 8 English Worksheet - Brighter Still
Click for more English Study Material ›