The Gold Frame. Class 8 English Worksheet Pdf
Class 8 English students should refer to the following printable worksheet in Pdf for The Gold Frame. in standard 8. This test paper with questions and answers for Grade 8 English will be very useful for exams and help you to score good marks
Class 8 English Worksheet for The Gold Frame.
CBSE Class 8 English Worksheet - The Gold Frame.. Revision worksheets, Sample papers, Question banks and easy to learn study notes for all classes and subjects based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. Students and parents can download free a collection of all study material issued by various best schools in India. The study material has been carefully compiled by the best teachers in India. The students should practice the questions database to get better marks in examination. Please refer to other links for free download of high quality study material. Based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. Based on the same pattern as released by CBSE every year. Study material for final/ term/ SA1/ SA2 Examinations conducted by various schools affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in India and abroad. CBSE Study material has been compiled to help students preparation which will helps the students to concentrate more in areas which carry more marks.
INTERNATIONAL INDIAN SCHOOL, JEDDAH
Class: 8[GS] Worksheet---Ls: 10 The Gold Frame.
Choose the correct answer/ Fill in the blanks/True or False.
1. Datta was a very silent and ________________ man.
[a] hard-waking [b] hard-working [c] hard-walking
2. ‘The Gold Frame’ is written by __________.
[a] R K Laxman [b] R K Narayan [c] R K Kamlan
3. Datta worked in a shop named__________.
[a] ‘The Olden Frame Works’ [b] ‘The Modern Frame Works’ [c] ‘The Golden Frame Works’
4. The shop was covered by pictures of ___________.
[a] cricket players [b] football players [c] hockey players
5. The old man in the photograph was a ___________.
[a] freedom fighter [b] generous man [c] doctor
6. Datta showed _____ types of frames to the customer.
[a] six [b] seven [c] eight
7. One of the samples of the gold frame was _________.
[a] geometrical [b] geographical [c] geological
8. Finally the selected frame was decorated with _________ leaves and winding creepers.
[a] bronze [b] silver [c] gold
9. ‘It is ________! Imported!,’ said Datta to the customer.
[a] German [b] Russian [c] American
10. “Plain Mount” means the cardboard will be of __________ shape.
[a] oval [b] rectangle [c] square
11. The frame’s cost was ___________.
[a] seventeen [b] sixteen [c] eighteen
12. The customer was shocked to hear the cost of the frame and tried to bargain. (True/False)
13. Datta replied that the frame will be ready in ____________days.
[a] thirteen [b] fourteen [c] fifteen
14. Datta’s customers never came _______.
[a] on time [b] in time [c] at times
15. The customer came on _____________.
[a] Thursday [b] Friday [c] Saturday
16. The photo of the customer was lying on a _______.
[a] shelf [b] bench [c] cupboard
17. Correct the statement if you think it is false. The continuous form of ‘shook’ is shooking.
18. Datta replaced the customer’s photo with the photo taken out of the wooden box. [T / F]
19. Datta faced the customer very boldly and confidently. (True / False)
20. The photo was ready by ___________.
[a] Sunday [b] Monday [c] Tuesday
21. When the customer finally came to take the photograph Datta was driving a nail in the
frame. (True / False)
22. The word ‘whole’ rhymes with b__ __e / r__ __e / m__ __e / s__ __e.
23. The customer brought the photo of his master. (True / False)
24. ‘Suddenly he saw the customer straighten’. Identify the modifier.
[a] suddenly [b] customer [c] straighten
25. ‘The customer fell silent like one who had entered the inner sanctum of a temple.’ You find
a __________ in this statement.
[a] simile [b] metaphor [c] alliteration
26. The customer noticed that Datta had changed the photograph of the old man. (True/False)
27. The customer deeply loved the old man in the photograph. (True / False)
28. The frame was made out of gold. (True / False)
29. R K Laxman is a famous __________.
[a] film director [b] story writer [c] cartoonist
30. R k Laxman joined “The Free Press Journal” in 1947 (True / False)
31. R K Laxman was older to R K Narayan. (True / False)
32. R K Laxman cartoons were published in Times Of India. (True / False)
33. Datta was a well-organized man. (True / False)
34. R K Laxman was awarded PadmaBhushan. (True / False)
35. “The Common Man” was created by R K Narayan. (True / False)
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 8 English Worksheet - The Gold Frame.