Read and download free pdf of CBSE Class 8 English Tenses Worksheet Set C. Students and teachers of Class 8 English can get free printable Worksheets for Class 8 English in PDF format prepared as per the latest syllabus and examination pattern in your schools. Standard 8 students should practice questions and answers given here for English in Grade 8 which will help them to improve your knowledge of all important chapters and its topics. Students should also download free pdf of Class 8 English Worksheets prepared by school teachers as per the latest NCERT, CBSE, KVS books and syllabus issued this academic year and solve important problems provided here with solutions on daily basis to get more score in school exams and tests
CBSE Class 8 English Worksheet - Tenses - Practice worksheets for CBSE students. Prepared by teachers of the best CBSE schools in India.
FORMATIVE ASSESSMENT 2 CLASS VIII ENGLISH
Fill in the blanks with correct form of the words given in the brackets:
1) William________(introduce) Margaret and her sister to uncle Dot and _______(show)him Margaret’s drawing. Uncle Dot______(study)the drawing and _____(say)’Well Done!’. Eventually Margaret _____(smile)and _________(express)her gratitude.
2) When I ______(reach) Maya’s house, she ______(leave) already. Though I ______ (reach) there at the appointed time, yet she ______(leave). Thus I ______ (come) back disappointed.
3) Yesterday I _____ (try) to take notes while the teacher ______ (explain) a topic in the class. Since she _______(not speak) loudly, it ______ (be) difficult to hear what she was saying.
4) The roof of the hall of a school building _______ (fall) down in heavy rains yesterday night. Five persons _______ (die) on the spot. The building_______ (be) under construction. According to the neighbours about fifteen persons ______ (sleep) in the hall. Most of the victims _____ (be) labour class.
5) Rajesh ______ (sit) in the train at this time tomorrow. We _____ (go) to see him off. He ______ (stay) with us for almost a month. He ________ (promise) that he _______ (visit) us again next year.
6) I ______ (look) forward to go to England, next year. I _______ (plan) to stay there for a few years. I _______ (come) back and ______ (serve) my country.
7) Ram ______ (invite) his friend Shyam on his birthday. When Shyam_______ (reach) his house, his classmates ______ (come) already. Ram ________ (introduce) Shyam to everyone and then_______ (serve) snacks to them. After he ______ (cut) the cake, they_______ (dance) as they ________ (decide).
8) Yesterday I ______ (see) a speeding car hit a scooterist who ______ (fall) unconscious. The poor fellow ______ (bleed) profusely before the people _______ (take) him to the hospital. The man ________ (struggle) for his life but _____ (breathe) his last after an hour.
9) Last Sunday when I _______ (return) home late at night, I was shocked to find my house unlocked. Someone ________ (break) into my house in my absence. All the boxes ______ (be) opened. I ______ (check) my locker in which I ______ (put) my money but it ______ (vanish). I ______ (report) the matter to the police.
10) Jagdish _______ (climb) the stairs when he ______ (fall) down and ________ (break) his leg. The doctor _______ (advise) him a month’s rest. He_______ (not able) to take his Terminal Exams and ______ (be) very upset about it.
Students must free download and practice these worksheets to gain more marks in exams. CBSE Class 8 English Worksheet - Tenses
Click for more English Study Material ›