CBSE Class 8 English Worksheet - Grammer. Revision worksheets, Sample papers, Question banks and easy to learn study notes for all classes and subjects based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. Students and parents can download free a collection of all study material issued by various best schools in India. The study material has been carefully compiled by the best teachers in India. The students should practice the questions database to get better marks in examination. Please refer to other links for free download of high quality study material. Based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. Based on the same pattern as released by CBSE every year. Study material for final/ term/ SA1/ SA2 Examinations conducted by various schools affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in India and abroad. CBSE Study material has been compiled to help students preparation which will helps the students to concentrate more in areas which carry more marks.
1. Choose the correct options to find the meaning of the idioms:
I. To turn a deaf ear
a. Bend the ear b. disregard c. to be deaf
2. To strain every nerve
a. to have a nerve disease b.to be nervous c. make utmost effort
3. To rise to the occasion
a. to prove oneself equal to the situation b.to appear in a competition
c. to rise to attend some occasion
4. To keep at arm’s length
a. to keep some one at a distance b.to have a long arm
c. to measure the length of your arm
2. Choose the correct answers (concord) :
1. A number of books …………….. (is/are) missing from the library.
2. Three fifths of the town …………….. (Was/were) in darkness.
3. One of my father’s friends ………… (Has/have) come.
4. Good news …………….. (Is/are) always welcome.
5. She ………….. (make /makes) beautiful garlands.
3. Correct the errors in these sentences (concord):
a. Every one of them were punished.
b. The news of the series of accidents are true.
c. One of the girls in the team were sent back.
d. Many of the children has passed the written test.
e. Two lakh Rupees are a lot of money for me.
4. Change these sentences from direct to indirect (Reporting) speech :
a. He said, “She wants to join judo classes.”
B. He said to me, ”Where are you going?”
c. He said to me, “I am going today.”
5. Select the right Phrasal verb : (back up / back out )
a. The government ………………. The Women’s Bill in the Parliament.
b. My friend didn’t …………….from helping me.
6. Form two compound nouns for the given words:
a. solar b.book
7. Change the ‘voice’ of the given sentence :
a. My teacher accused me of cheating.
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 8 English Worksheet - Grammer
Click for more English Study Material ›