CBSE Class 8 English Worksheet - Elephants That Struck. Revision worksheets, Sample papers, Question banks and easy to learn study notes for all classes and subjects based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. Students and parents can download free a collection of all study material issued by various best schools in India. The study material has been carefully compiled by the best teachers in India. The students should practice the questions database to get better marks in examination. Please refer to other links for free download of high quality study material. Based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. Based on the same pattern as released by CBSE every year. Study material for final/ term/ SA1/ SA2 Examinations conducted by various schools affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in India and abroad. CBSE Study material has been compiled to help students INTERNATIONAL INDIAN SCHOOL, JEDDAH
Class:8[GS] Worksheet---Ls:6 Elephants That Struck
Choose the correct answer/ Fill in the blanks/State “ true or false”
1. I remember an occasion , many years ago………Here “I” refers to__________
[a] the author’s brother [b] the author [c] the government officer
2. Ceylon is presently called_________
[a] Sri Lanka [b] Colombo [c] Rambodde
3. They were to develop a sanatorium at ________________
[a] Rambodde [b] Ceylon [c] Newera Ellia
4. The word “conveyed” means_____________
[a] collected [b] distributed [c] transported
5.___________number of elephants was needed to draw some of the wagons.
[a] 6 [b] 4 [c] large
6. It was __________ season.
[a] rainy [b] winter [c] summer
7. Their destination was ___________
[a] 6200 feet below sea level [b] 6200 kms above sea level [c] 6200 feet above sea level
8. The height of the crest of the pass was__________
[a] 7000 m [b] 7000 feet [c] 7000 kms.
9. The word “commenced” means_________
[a] stopped [b] continued [c] started
10. Dense forests clothed the mountain sides. Here “clothed” means________
[a] covered [b] spread [c] scattered
11. The natural dry food for the elephants was __________
[a] green grass [b] paddy [c] bamboo grass
12. It rained continuously for _________
[a] 9-10 weeks [b]9-10 days [c] 9-10 months
13.________ increased the misery of the scene.
[a] rain [b] fog [c] mist
14. The word “mire” can be found in paragraph number________
[a] 6 [b] 8 [c] 10
15.__________ number of drivers visited the author
[a] 4 [b] 6 [c]2
16._______ is the word with “un” as its prefix [para-9]
[a] unavailing [b] under [c] unless
17. One animal was replaced by ______ numbers of animals.
[a] 2 [b] 6 [c] 4
18. “Heart-broken” is the example of_____________
[a] adjective [b] compound-adjective [c] adverb
19. The word “vocabulary” can be found in paragraph number_____________
[a] 12 [b] 13 [c] 14
20. _________ is the antonym of “active”
[a] re-active [b] pro-active [c] passive
21. The word that collocates with “night” is ___________ [ para 21]
[a] comfortable [b] light [c] bright
22. The synonym of “endless” [para15] is __________
[a] unfettered [b] interminable [c] untie
23. ______ number of words have both prefix and suffix added to the root words [para 17]
[a] 3 [b] 4 [c] 5
24. The word “assist” [para18] means
[a] encourage [b] advise [c] help
25. The author _____________ in his mission
[a] completely succeeded [b] partly succeeded [c] completely failed
26. The thermometer fell daily as the __________ increased.
[a] weight [b] height [c] volume
27. Is “struck” itself a root word? [Yes / No ] If not write its root word. ________________
28.It was ______________ when the author reached the road blocked by the elephants.
[a] raining [b] raining heavily [c] drizzling
29. Correct the mis-spelt word: ________________________
[a] stationary [b] machinary [c] missionary
30. _____________ made it necessary to unload the heavier carts .
[a] abrupt zigzags [b] dangerous chasms [c] bridges
preparation which will helps the students to concentrate more in areas which carry more marks.
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 8 English Worksheet - Elephants That Struck