CBSE Class 11 Chemistry MCQs - Chemical Kinetics CBSE and NCERT students can refer to the attached file. All educational material on the website has been prepared by the best teachers having more than 20 years of teaching experience in various schools. The study material available on our website for all CBSE classes and subjects have been prepared by teachers from all over the country. All study material has been carefully designed keeping into mind the latest CBSE examination trends.
I. MCQ - Choose Appropriate Alternative
1. The rate of chemical reaction __________ with increase in concentration of the reactants. (Increases, Decreases, Does not alter)
2. Ionic reactions of inorganic compounds are __________. (very slow, moderately slow, very fast)
3. The rate of __________ reactions can be determined. (Very Slow, Moderately Slow, Very fast)
4. The sum of exponents of the concentrations of reactants is called __________. (Order of reaction, Molecularity, Equilibrium Constant)
5. The rate of reaction generally __________ in the presence of a suitable catalyst. (Increases, Decreases, remains constant)
6. The rate of a reaction __________ upon the temperature. (depends, slightly depends, does not depends)
7. The minimum energy required to bring about a chemical reaction is called __________. (Bond energy, Ionization energy, Energy of Activation)
8. Oxidation of SO2 in the presence of V2O5 in Sulphuric Acid industry is an example of __________. (Homogenous catalyst, Heterogeneous catalyst, Negative catalyst)
9. Hydrolyses of ester in the presence of acid is an example of __________. (Homogenous catalyst, Heterogeneous catalyst, Negative catalyst)
10. Concentration of the reactants __________ with the passage of time during a chemical reaction. (Increases, Decreases, Does not alter)
11. Concentration of the products __________ with the passage of time during a chemical reaction. (Increases, Decreases, Does not alter)
12. The rate constant __________ with temperature for a single reaction. (Varies, Slightly Varies, Does not vary)
13. The rate of reaction at a particular time is called __________. (Average Rate of reaction, Absolute rate of reaction, Instantaneous rate of reaction)
14. The specific rate constant K has __________ value for all concentrations of the reactant. (Fixed, Variable, negligible value)
15. By increasing the surface area the rate of reaction can be __________. (Increased, Decreased, Doubled)
16. MnO2 when heated with KClO3 __________. (Gives up its own oxygen, Produces ozone O3, Acts as catalyst)
17. Reactions with high energy of activation proceed with __________. (High speed, Moderately slow speed, slow speed)
18. The minimum amount of energy required to bring about a chemical reaction is called __________. (Energy of ionization, Energy of Activation, Energy of Collision)
19. An inhibitor is a catalyst which __________ rate of reaction. (Increases, Decreases, Does not alter)
20. __________ is the change of the concentration of reactant divided by the time. (Rate of reaction, Velocity Constant, Molecularity)
II. Fill in the Blank
1. The branch of chemistry, which deals with the study of rates and mechanisms of chemical reactions, is known as __________.
2. Such reactions, which proceeds with very high velocities and are completed very quickly are called __________ reactions.
3. Such reactions, which take place very slowly, are called __________ reactions.
4. Reactions between silver nitrate and sodium chloride to form white precipitates of silver chloride are an example of __________ reaction.
5. Reactions of Organic compounds are slow and are called __________ reactions.
6. There are some reactions, which proceed slowly with a __________ speed.
Please refer to the link below for CBSE Class 11 Chemistry MCQs - Chemical Kinetics