CBSE Class 9 Science Tissues Sure Shot Questions A. There are many more useful educational material which the students can download in pdf format and use them for studies. Study material like concept maps, important and sure shot question banks, quick to learn flash cards, flow charts, mind maps, teacher notes, important formulas, past examinations question bank, important concepts taught by teachers. Students can download these useful educational material free and use them to get better marks in examinations. Also refer to other worksheets for the same chapter and other subjects too. Use them for better understanding of the subjects.
Fill in the blanks
1. ___________ is the process by which unspecialised structures become modified and specialised for performing specific functions.
2. Differentiation results in _____________ (division/ summation/integration) of labour.
3. The study of the structure of tissues and organs is known as _____________ .
4. Based on ability to divide, plant tissues may be classified as _____________ and _____________ tissues.
5. Meristematic cells possess the power of cell _____________ .
6. Permanent tissues are those which have lost the capacity to _____________ .
7. (Parenchyma/ Collenchyma/ Sclerenchyma) _____________ is a widely distributed, simple plant tissue.
8. (Parenchyma/ Collenchyma/ Sclerenchyma) _____________ is a strong and flexible mechanical tissue.
9. _____________ and _____________ are the conducting tissues or vascular tissues, also called complex tissues.
10. The cell walls of _____________ (Parenchyma/ Collenchyma/ Sclerenchyma) tissue are made up of cellulose hemicellulose and pectin
11. ____________ is the parenchyma with large number of chloroplasts.
12. (Xylem/Phloem) _____________ is popularly known as wood.
13. Xylem is composed of _____________ ,_____________ , _____________ and _____________ .
14. Tracheids are _____________ (living/dead) cells _____________ (with/without) protoplasts.
15. Protective tissues include _____________ and _____________ .
16. Epithelial cells have _____________ (little/large) intercellular substances.
17. (Connective/Muscular/Epithelial) _____________ tissue serve to 'connect' or 'bind' the cells of other tissues in the body and gives them rigidity and support.
18. (Tendon/Ligament/Cartilage) _____________is made up of white fibres and connects muscles to bones.
19. Bone is surrounded by a connective tissue known as _____________.
20. Striated muscles are _____________ (voluntary/involuntary) while smooth muscles are _____________(voluntary/involuntary).
Please click the link below to download CBSE Class 9 Science Tissues Sure Shot Questions A.
Click for more Science Study Material ›