CBSE Class 9 Science Structure of atom Sure Shot Questions C. There are many more useful educational material which the students can download in pdf format and use them for studies. Study material like concept maps, important and sure shot question banks, quick to learn flash cards, flow charts, mind maps, teacher notes, important formulas, past examinations question bank, important concepts taught by teachers. Students can download these useful educational material free and use them to get better marks in examinations. Also refer to other worksheets for the same chapter and other subjects too. Use them for better understanding of the subjects.
1. Which of the following correctly represent the electronic distribution in the Mg atom?
(a) 3, 8, 1
(b) 2, 8, 2
(c) 1, 8, 3
(d) 8, 2, 2
2. Rutherford’s ‘alpha (α ) particles scattering experiment’ resulted in to discovery of
(c) Nucleus in the atom
(d) Atomic mass
3. The number of electrons in an element X is 15 and the number of neutrons is 16. Which of the following is the correct representation of the element?
4. Dalton’s atomic theory successfully explained
(i) Law of conservation of mass
(ii) Law of constant composition
(iii) Law of radioactivity
(iv) Law of multiple proportion
(a) (i), (ii) and (iii)
(b) (i), (iii) and (iv)
(c) (ii), (iii) and (iv)
(d) (i), (ii) and (iv)
5. Which of the following statements about Rutherford’s model of atom are correct?
(i) considered the nucleus as positively charged
(ii) established that the α –particles are four times as heavy as a hydrogen atom
(iii) can be compared to solar system
(iv) was in agreement with Thomson’s model
(a) (i) and (iii)
(b) (ii) and (iii)
(c) (i) and (iv)
(d) only (i)
6. Which of the following are true for an element?
(i) Atomic number = number of protons + number of electrons
(ii) Mass number = number of protons + number of neutrons
(iii) Atomic mass = number of protons = number of neutrons
(iv) Atomic number = number of protons = number of electrons
(a) (i) and (ii)
(b) (i) and (iii)
(c) (ii) and (iii)
(d) (ii) and (iv)
Please click the link below to download CBSE Class 9 Science Structure of atom Sure Shot Questions C.
Click for more Science Study Material ›