CBSE Class 9 Science Is matter around us pure Sure Shot Questions A. There are many more useful educational material which the students can download in pdf format and use them for studies. Study material like concept maps, important and sure shot question banks, quick to learn flash cards, flow charts, mind maps, teacher notes, important formulas, past examinations question bank, important concepts taught by teachers. Students can download these useful educational material free and use them to get better marks in examinations. Also refer to other worksheets for the same chapter and other subjects too. Use them for better understanding of the subjects.
1. On the basis of composition, how matter is classified?
2. Mention whether the following statements are true or false. Correct the false statements.
a) An aqueous solution of copper sulphate is homogeneous.
b) Milk is a pure substance.
c) A molecule of sulphur is monoatomic.
3. What is meant by a pure substance?
4. What are the characteristics exhibited by a pure substance?
5. What are different categories of pure substance?
6. Name two properties of a substance to check its purity?
7. Define mixture.
8. What are the kinds of mixture?
9. What are the characteristics of mixture?
10. List the points of differences between homogeneous and heterogeneous mixtures.
11. Identity which of the following is homogenous mixture or heterogeneous one. Also identify the type of constituents in mixture (e.g. gas in gas, gas in liquid, gas in solid etc.)
b. Water and Oil (N2 + O2 )
c. Hydrogen in Palladium
d. Aerated Water (CO2 + H2O)
e. Chalk in water
f. Ethyl Alcohol in Water
g. Alloys e.g. brass
h. Dust (e.g. fine sand) in water
i. Sand + iron fillings
j. Sand + ammonium chloride
i. Mercury in amalgamated Zinc
12. What are the constituents of brass?
13. Alloys cannot be separated by physical means, though it is considered mixture, Why?
14. What are elements?
15. How elements are further classified?
Please click the link below to download CBSE Class 9 Science Is matter around us pure Sure Shot Questions A.
Click for more Science Study Material ›