CBSE Class 9 Science The Fundamental Unit of Life Sure Shot Questions B. There are many more useful educational material which the students can download in pdf format and use them for studies. Study material like concept maps, important and sure shot question banks, quick to learn flash cards, flow charts, mind maps, teacher notes, important formulas, past examinations question bank, important concepts taught by teachers. Students can download these useful educational material free and use them to get better marks in examinations. Also refer to other worksheets for the same chapter and other subjects too. Use them for better understanding of the subjects.
THE FUNDAMENTAL UNIT OF LIFE
1. Who expanded cell theory by suggesting that all cells arise from pre-existing cells?
2. In which year electron microscope was invented?
3. Name the book in which Robert Hooke published his observations about cork cells.
4. Who discovered nucleus in the cell?
5. Name the two postulates of the cell theory.
6. Who coined the term 'protoplasm'?
7. Name the largest cell?
8. Name the world's smallest cell.
9. Name the smallest cell in human body.
10. Name the biggest cell in human body.
11. Name the longest cell in human body.
12. Name the cell in human body which cannot reproduce.
13. Give an example of anucleate cell i.e. cell without nucleus.
14. Give an example of cells containing two nuclei (Binucleate).
15. Give examples of cells which are muti-nucleate (i.e. having many nuclei).
16. What is the plasma membrane composed of?
17. Who proposed fluid-mosaic model of cell or plasma membrane?
18. Is plasma membrane permeable or selectively permeable?
19. What are different types transport of components across cell membrane?
20. Define Passive Transport.
21. What is diffusion?
22. Define Osmosis. What are different types of osmosis? Give examples of osmosis.
23. What is plasmolysis?
24. What would happen if the plasma membrane ruptures or breaks down?
25. What do you mean by Endocytosis? How does an Amoeba obtain its food?
26. Define Exocytosis.
27. Why are lysosomes known as suicide bags?
28. What happens to a cell (plant cell or animal cell) when placed in the following solutions:
(a) Hypotonic solution
(b) Isotonic solution
(c) Hypertonic solution
Please click the link below to download CBSE Class 9 Science The Fundamental Unit of Life Sure Shot Questions B.
Click for more Science Study Material ›