CBSE Class 9 Science Atoms and Molecules Sure Shot Questions C. Please refer to the examination notes which you can use for preparing and revising for exams. These notes will help you to revise the concepts quickly and get good marks.
ATOMS AND MOLECULES
1. Avogadro’s number represents the number of atoms in
(a) 12g of C12 (b) 320g of sulphur
(c) 32g of oxygen (d) 12.7g of iodine
2. The number of moles of carbon dioxide which contain 8 g of oxygen is
(a) 0.5 mol (b) 0.20 mol
(c) 0.40 mol (d) 0.25 mol
3. The total no of ions present in 111 g of CaCl2 is
(a) One mole (b) Two mole
(c) Three mole (d) Four moles
4. Which of the following weighs the most ?
(a) one g-atom of nitrogen (b) One mole of water
(c) One mole of sodium (d) One molecule of H2SO4
5. 5.0 litre of 0.4 M H2SO4 Contains-
(a) 2.0 Mole Of H2SO4 (b) 0.4 mole H2SO4
(c) 5.0 mole H2SO4 (d) 2.0 moles H2O
6. Which of the following correctly represents 360 g of water?
(i) 2 moles of H20
(ii) 20 moles of water
(iii) 6.022 × 1023 molecules of water
(iv) 1.2044×1025 molecules of water
(a) (i) (b) (i) and (iv)
(c) (ii) and (iii) (d) (ii) and (iv)
7. Which of the following statements is not true about an atom?
(a) Atoms are not able to exist independently
(b) Atoms are the basic units from which molecules and ions are formed
(c) Atoms are always neutral in nature
(d) Atoms aggregate in large numbers to form the matter that we can see, feel or touch
8. The chemical symbol for nitrogen gas is
(a) Ni (b) N2 (c) N+ (d) N
9. The chemical symbol for sodium is
(a) So (b) Sd (c) NA (d) Na
10. Which of the following would weigh the highest?
(a) 0.2 mole of sucrose (C12 H22 O11)
(b) 2 moles of CO2
(c) 2 moles of CaCO3
(d) 10 moles of H2O
Please click the link below to download pdf file ofCBSE Class 9 Science Atoms and Molecules Sure Shot Questions C.
Click for more Science Study Material ›