CBSE Class 9 Science Improvement in food resources Sure Shot Questions A. There are many more useful educational material which the students can download in pdf format and use them for studies. Study material like concept maps, important and sure shot question banks, quick to learn flash cards, flow charts, mind maps, teacher notes, important formulas, past examinations question bank, important concepts taught by teachers. Students can download these useful educational material free and use them to get better marks in examinations. Also refer to other worksheets for the same chapter and other subjects too. Use them for better understanding of the subjects.
Fill In the Blanks
1. ______________and ______________are the main sources of nutrient supply to crops.
2. ______________and ______________provide us with all our animal and plant food.
3. The science of growing vegetables, fruits and ornamental plants is called ______________.
4. Composting done using earthworms is called ______________.
5. Cereals provide us ______________ (carbohydrates/proteins/fats).
6. Pulses give us ______________(carbohydrates/proteins/fats).
7. ______________and ______________ are a rich source of vitamins and minerals.
8. Pests, nematodes etc. are ______________ (biotic/abiotic) factors that affect crop production.
9. In order to get maximum returns, different crop combinations are grown on the same field in a pre-planned succession. This process is called ______________.
10. Apis dorsata and Apis florae are varieties of ______________(Indian/Italian) bee.
11. Apis mellifera is an ______________ (India/Italian) variety of honey bee used for commercial production of honey.
12. Crossing between genetically dissimilar plants is called ______________.
13. Nutrients required by plants in large quantities are called ______________.
14. Organic substances of animal or plant origin that is added to the soil to increase its fertility and structure are called ______________.
15. The practice of growing two or more crops simultaneously on the same field is called ______________.
16. Unwanted plants in the cultivated field are called ______________.
17. Cattle used for farm labour is called ______________.
18. Vitamin _____ and ____ (A, B, C, D , K) levels are kept high in the poultry feeds.
19. Bos indicus are the species of ______________.
20. Pomphret, mackerel, tuna, sardines, and Bombay duck are examples of ______________(marine/river) fish.
21. Marine fish capture is done by fishing nets guided by ______________ and ______________.
22. Micro-nutrients or Food additives strengthen ______________ system of the cattle and improve their ______________ and stimulate digestion.
Please click the link below to download CBSE Class 9 Science Improvement in food resources Sure Shot Questions A.
Click for more Science Study Material ›