Read and download free pdf of CBSE Class 12 Chemistry The p block elements Type MLL Questions Answers. Students and teachers of Class 12 Chemistry can get free advanced study material, revision notes, sure shot questions and answers for Class 12 Chemistry prepared as per the latest syllabus and examination guidelines in your school. Standard 12 students should download this study material which will give them more knowledge for all chapters in Chemistry and all important topics which are scoring and can get you more marks. Students should also download free pdf of Chapter wise Notes for Class 12 Chemistry prepared by school teachers as per the latest NCERT, CBSE, KVS books and syllabus issued this year and also download free worksheets and question papers available here to get higher scores in school exams and tests, also click here for more Study Material for Class 12 Chemistry
CBSE Class 12 Chemistry The p block elements Type MLL Questions Answers. There are many more useful educational material which the students can download in pdf format and use them for studies. Study material like concept maps, important and sure shot question banks, quick to learn flash cards, flow charts, mind maps, teacher notes, important formulas, past examinations question bank, important concepts taught by teachers. Students can download these useful educational material free and use them to get better marks in examinations. Also refer to other worksheets for the same chapter and other subjects too. Use them for better understanding of the subjects.
The p- block elements : TYPE- MLL
One Mark questions
1. Why is H3PO3 diprotic?
2. Nitrogen does not form pentahalide like phosphorous, why?
3. H2O is a liquid while H2s is a gas ,why?
4. Arrange NH3 PH3 AsH3 BiH3 SbH3 in the increasing order of basic strength.
5. Oxygen is a gas while sulphur is a solid, why?
6. Write the formula of hyponitros acid.
7. Why does Al not react with conc. nitric acid?
8. Can PCl5 act as an oxidising agent and reducing agent?
9. Why does NO2 readily dimerise?
10. Why is BiH3 the strongest reducing agent amongst all the hydrides of nitrogen family?
11. Write the chemical formula of peroxodisulphuric acid.
12. Why does NH3 act as a Lewis base /complexing agent?
13. What is the basicity of H3PO4?
14. Why does R3P = O exist but R3N = O does not (R = alkyl group)?
15. Why does the reactivity of nitrogen differ from phosphorus?
16. Why is white phosphorous highly reactive?
17. Why group 16 members are called chalcogens?
18. OF4 is not known but SF4 is known .Explain
19. Solid PCl5 exists as an ionic solid, Why?
20. Bismuth is a strong oxidizing agent in pentavalentstate, why? Two Marks questions
21. Draw the shapes of SF4, BrF3 on the basis of VSEPR theory.
22. (a) Why is atomic radius of Argon more than that of Chlorine ?
(b) Why is ionization enthalpy of Nitrogen more than oxygen?
23. (a) Arrange F2,Cl2,Br2,I2 in the increasing order of bond dissociation energy.
(b) Arrange HOClO,HOClO2,HOClO3 in the increasing order of acidic strength.
24.Explain giving suitable reasons:
(i) NH3 has higher boiling point than PH3
(ii) SbF5 is known but BiF5 is unknown.
25.Explain giving suitable reasons:
(i) SF6 is well known but SH6 is not known.
(ii) Proton affinity of NH3 is more than PH3 .
26. Explain giving suitable reasons.
(i) Sulphur in vapour form is paramagnetic in nature.
(ii) Catenation properties of Phosphorous is more than Nitrogen.
27. Give chemical equations ,when :
(a). Ammonium dichromate is heated ?
(b). Sodium azide is heated?
Please click the link below to download CBSE Class 12 Chemistry The p block elements Type MLL Questions Answers.
Click for more Chemistry Study Material ›