Read and download free pdf of CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Electrochemistry Questions Answers. Students and teachers of Class 12 Chemistry can get free advanced study material, revision notes, sure shot questions and answers for Class 12 Chemistry prepared as per the latest syllabus and examination guidelines in your school. Class 12 students should download this study material which will give them more knowledge for all chapters in Chemistry and all important topics which are scoring and can get you more marks. Students should also download free pdf of Chapter wise Notes for Class 12 Chemistry prepared by school teachers as per the latest NCERT, CBSE, KVS books and syllabus issued this year and also download free worksheets and question papers available here to get higher scores in school exams and tests, also click here for more Study Material for Class 12 Chemistry
Study Material for Class 12 Chemistry Unit 3 Electrochemistry
Class 12 Chemistry students should refer to the following Pdf for Unit 3 Electrochemistry in Class 12. These notes and test paper with questions and answers for Class 12 Chemistry will be very useful for exams and help you to score good marks
Class 12 Chemistry Unit 3 Electrochemistry
CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Electrochemistry Questions Answers. There are many more useful educational material which the students can download in pdf format and use them for studies. Study material like concept maps, important and sure shot question banks, quick to learn flash cards, flow charts, mind maps, teacher notes, important formulas, past examinations question bank, important concepts taught by teachers. Students can download these useful educational material free and use them to get better marks in examinations. Also refer to other worksheets for the same chapter and other subjects too. Use them for better understanding of the subjects.
ONE Mark Each
1. The difference between the electrode potentials of two electrodes when no current is drawn through the cell is called ___________.
2. Under what condition an electrochemical cell can behave like an electrolytic cell ?
3. What is the quantity of charge in faraday is required to obtain one mole of aluminum from Al2O3 ?
4. How the cell constant of a conductivity cell changes with change of electrolyte, concentration and temperature?
5. What will happen at anode during the electrolysis of aqueous solution of CuSO4 in the presence of Cu electrodes?
6. Under what condition is ECell = 0 or ΔrG = 0 ? OR Give the condition for Daniel Cell in which there is no flow of electrons or current.
7. Why is alternating current used for measuring resistance of an electrolytic solution?
8. How will the pH of brine (aq. NaCl solution) be affected when it is electrolyzed ?
9. Unlike dry cell, the mercury cell has a constant cell potential throughout its useful life. Why?
10. Mention the purpose of salt-bridge placed between two half-cells of a galvanic cell?
11. Two metals A and B have electrode potential values of – 0.25V and 0.80V respectively. Which of these will liberate hydrogen gas from dilute H2SO4?
12. What is the effect of temperature on molar conductivity?
13. What is the role of ZnCl2 in the dry cell?
14. Why is the equilibrium constant K, related to only E°cell and not Ecell ?
15. Rusting of iron is quicker in saline water than in ordinary water. Why is it so?
16. Why rusting of iron prevented in alkaline medium?
17. Which will have greater molar conductivity and why?
1 mole KCl dissolved in 200 cc of the solution OR 1 mole KCl dissolved in 500 cc of the solution.
18. Why Lead storage battery as a secondary cell can be recharged?
19. Write the name of a chemical substance which is used to prevent corrosion.
20. Write the unit of Faraday constant. \
21. Can you store CuSO4 solution in Zn pot ?
22. Write the name of electrolyte used in mercury cell.
23. What does the negative value of E0cell indicate?
24. What flows in the internal circuit of the Galvanic cell?
25. What is the EMF of the cell when the cell reaction attains equilibrium?
26. Why does an aqueous solution of NaCl in electrolysis give H2 gas at cathode not sodium metal?
27. Which type of metal can be used in cathodic protection of iron against rusting?
28. Why does the conductivity of solution decreases on dilution?
29. Except hydrogen, write the name of two chemical species which are used in fuel cell.
30. How many coulombs are required for conversion of 1 mol FeO into Fe2O3?
31. State the factors which influence the value of cell potential.
32. What is the relationship between the free energy change and EMF of the cell?
33. What are the products of electrolysis of molten NaCl and aqueous solution of NaCl?
34. What is the role of ZnCl2 in dry cell?
35. Rusting of iron is quicker in saline than ordinary water. Why?
36. Write one use of Kohlrausch’s law.
37. What is cell constant?
38. What is the relationship between Molar conductivity of electrolytic solution to its degree of dissociation?
39. Which type of cell is used in wrist watch?
40. Which acid does not react with rust?
Three marks question:-
1. Explain construction and working of standard Hydrogen electrode?
2. What is an electrochemical series? How does it predict the feasibility of a certain redox reaction?
3. The conductivity of an aqueous solution of NaCl in a cell is 92.1 cm-1 the resistance offered by this cell is 247.8. Calculate the cell constant?
4. The measured resistance of a cell containing 7.5 x 10-3 M solution of KCl at 250C was 1005 Ω Calculate
(a) Specific conductance and
(b) Molar conductance of the solution. Cell Constant = 1.25 cm-1
5. Enlist the factors affecting corrosion?
Answer of one mark:-
1. Cell emf
2. When Eext> Ecell
4. Remain unchanged for a cell
5. Copper will dissolve at anode
6. When the cell reaction reaches equilibrium
7. Alternating current is used to prevent electrolysis so that concentration of ions in the solution remains constant. Otherwise if DC is used the ions will get discharged and electrolysis will occur
8. The pH of the solution will rise as NaOH is formed in the electrolytic cell.)
9. Ions are not involved in the overall cell reaction of mercury cells.
10. Neutralize the two half cell.
11. Metal - A
12. Molar conductivity of an electrolyte increases with increase in temperature.
13. ZnCl2 absorbs ammonia produced in the reaction by forming a complex [Zn(NH3)4]2+
14. This is because E cell is zero at equilibrium.
Please click the link below to download CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Electrochemistry Questions Answers.
|CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Solid State Questions Answers|
|CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Solution Exam Notes|
|CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Solutions Questions Answers|
|CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Electrochemistry Questions Answers|
|CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Chemical Demonstration all chapters|
|CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Chemical Kinetics Questions Answers|
|CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Surface Chemistry Chapter Summary|
|CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Surface Chemistry Notes|
|CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Surface Chemistry Questions Answers|
|CBSE Class 12 Chemistry General principles and processes of isolation of elements Questions Answers|
|CBSE Class 12 Chemistry The p block elements Type MLL Questions Answers|
|CBSE Class 12 Chemistry d and f block elements Type MLL Questions Answers|
|CBSE Class 12 Chemistry D and F Block Exam Notes|
|CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Coordination Compunds Questions Answers|
|CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Haloalkane Haloarenes Exam Notes|
|CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Haloalkanes Haloarenes Summary|
|CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Alcohol Phenol Ether Exam Notes|
|CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Alcohols Phenols Ethers Questions Answers|
|CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Aldehyde Ketones and Carboxylic|
|CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Aldehyde Ketones Carboxylic Acid Exam Notes|
|CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Biomolecules Questions Answers|
|CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Polymer Exam Notes|
|CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Polymer Questions Answers|
|CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Chemistry in Everyday Life Exam Notes|
|CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Chemistry in Everyday Life Questions Answers|
More Study Material
CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Unit 3 Electrochemistry Study Material
We hope students liked the above Study Material for Unit 3 Electrochemistry designed as per the latest syllabus for Class 12 Chemistry released by CBSE. Students of Class 12 should download the Study Material in Pdf format, read the notes and related questions and solutions given in above Class 12 Chemistry Study Material on daily basis. All latest Study Material have been developed for Chemistry by referring to the most important and regularly asked topics which the students should learn and practice to get better score in school tests and examinations. Studiestoday is the best portal for Class 12 students to get all latest study material free of cost.
Study Material for Chemistry CBSE Class 12 Unit 3 Electrochemistry
Expert teachers of studiestoday have referred to NCERT book for Class 12 Chemistry to develop the Chemistry Class 12 Study Material. If you download Study Material for the above chapter daily, you will get higher and better marks in Class 12 test and exams in the current year as you will be able to have stronger understanding of all concepts. Daily reading of Chemistry study material will help students to have stronger understanding of all concepts and also make them expert on all critical topics. You can easily download and save all Study Material for Class 12 Chemistry also from www.studiestoday.com without paying anything in Pdf format. After solving the questions given in the Study Material which have been developed as per latest course books also refer to the NCERT solutions for Class 12 Chemistry designed by our teachers
Unit 3 Electrochemistry Study Material Chemistry CBSE Class 12
All Study Material given above for Class 12 Chemistry have been made as per the latest syllabus and books issued for the current academic year. The students of Class 12 can refer to the answers which have been also provided by our teachers for all Study Material of Chemistry so that you are able to solve the questions and then compare your answers with the solutions provided by us. We have also provided lot of MCQ questions for Class 12 Chemistry so that you can solve questions relating to all topics given in each chapter. Also download Class 12 Chemistry Sample Papers given on studiestoday.
Unit 3 Electrochemistry CBSE Class 12 Study Material Chemistry
Regular Study Material reading helps to gain more comprehensive understanding of Unit 3 Electrochemistry concepts. Study Material play an important role in developing understanding of Unit 3 Electrochemistry in CBSE Class 12. Students can download and save or print all the Study Material, printable assignments, practice sheets of the above chapter in Class 12 Chemistry in Pdf format from studiestoday. You can print or read them online on your computer or mobile or any other device. After solving these you should also refer to Class 12 Chemistry MCQ Test for the same chapter
CBSE Study Material Chemistry Class 12 Unit 3 Electrochemistry
CBSE Class 12 Chemistry best textbooks have been used for writing the problems given in the above Study Material. If you have tests coming up then you should revise all concepts relating to Unit 3 Electrochemistry and then take out print of the above Study Material and attempt all problems. We have also provided a lot of other Study Material for Class 12 Chemistry which you can use to further make yourself better in Chemistry.
You can download free study material for Class 12 Chemistry Unit 3 Electrochemistry for latest academic session from StudiesToday.com
Yes, you can click on the link above and download PDFs for Class 12 Chemistry Unit 3 Electrochemistry easily for regular use
Yes, the study material given here for Class 12 Chemistry Unit 3 Electrochemistry is for current CBSE session
You, just click the link above and save Class 12 study material for Chemistry Unit 3 Electrochemistry in Pdf
All study maetrial for CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Unit 3 Electrochemistry is free
www.studiestoday.com is the best portal for Unit 3 Electrochemistry Chemistry Class 12 study material
Visit www.studiestoday.com for best study material for Class 12 Chemistry Unit 3 Electrochemistry
All study material for various topics of Class 12 Chemistry Unit 3 Electrochemistry as per latest CBSE syllabus is avaiable here