Read and download PDF of CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper Set K designed as per the latest curriculum and examination pattern for Class 10 issued by CBSE, NCERT and KVS. The latest Class 10 Science Sample Papers have been provided with solutions so that the students can solve these practice papers and then compare their answers. This will help them to identify mistakes and improvement areas in Science Class 10 which they need to study more to get better marks in Class 10 exams. After solving these guess papers also refer to solved Class 10 Science Question Papers available on our website to build strong understanding of the subject
Sample Paper for Class 10 Science Pdf
Students can refer to the below Class 10 Science Sample Paper designed to help students understand the pattern of questions that will be asked in Class 10 exams. Please download CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper Set K
Science Class 10 Sample Paper
SECTION – A
1. Identify the compound which is oxidized in the following reaction:
H2S + Br2 -> 2HBr + S
2. Why are titanium and chromium classified as strategic element?
3. Which has a higher resistance: a 50W lamp or 25W lamp bulb and how many times?
4. A drop of litmus solution is added to each of the four solutions give below. State the colour of litmus solution observed in each.
Soap solution, Sodium bicarbonate solution, Acetic acid, Tomato juice
5. Translate the following statements into chemical equations and then balance the equations:
a. Aluminium metal replaces iron from ferric oxide. Fe2O3, giving aluminium oxide and iron.
b. Barium chloride reacts with zinc sulphate to give zinc chloride and a precipitate of barium sulphate.
6. What is the chemical name of washing soda? Name the three chief raw materials used for making washing soda.
7. Write four characteristics used for selecting a suitable fuel.
8. How many 176Ω resistors (in parallel) are required to carry 5A on a 220V line? Distinguish between the terms electrical resistance and resistivity of a conductor.
9. What is solenoid? Draw field lines of the magnetic field through and around a current carrying solenoid. What does the magnetic field pattern inside the solenoid indicate?
10. a) What is power? b)In a house hold, 5 tube lights of 40W each are used for 5 hours and electric press of 500W for 4 hours everyday. Calculate the total electrical energy consumed by the tube lights and press in a month of 30 days.
11. Given the following reaction
2Al + Fe2O3 -> 2Fe + Al2O3 + Heat
Answer the following with reason.
a. Name the oxidising agent.
b. Name the reducing agent.
c. Name the substance oxidised.
12. A compound which is prepared from gypsum has the property of hardening when mixed with a proper quantity of water. Identify the compound. Write the chemical equation for its preparation. For what purpose is it used in hospital?
13. a. Show the formation of NaCl from sodium and chlorine atoms by the transfer of electrons.
b. Why has sodium chloride, a high melting point?
c. Name the anode and the cathode used in electrolytic refining of impure copper metal.
14. What are the functions of
c. Absorbic acid
15. Define 'nerve impulse‘ which structure in a neuron helps to conduct a nerve impulse.
16. State three advantages associated with using solar cells to produce electricity.
17. a. State Ohm‘s law.
b. Draw the circuit diagram of Ohm‘s law.
c. What is the nature of graph in terms of relation between V and I.
18. a. An electric bulb is rated as 50W, 220V. Calculate the energy consumed by the bulb in 20 minutes. Express your answer in commercial units of electricity.
b.Distinguish between Overloading and Short Circuiting in a domestic circuit.
c.Why is it essential to earth electrical appliances having metallic body?
19. What are the environmental consequences of the increasing element for energy? What steps would you suggest to reduce energy consumption?
20. Name the hormone thati.
is produced by thyroid gland
ii. Prepares the body for action
iii. Controls the amount of sugar in blood
iv. Brings about changes in boys at puberty
v. Brings about changes in girls at puberty
21. Draw neat and labelled diagram of digestive system.
Write the functions of the following glands.
i. Salivary gland
22. a. Why should curd and sour substances not be kept in brass and copper vessels?
b. Why does an aqueous solution of acid conduct electricity?
c. Why plaster of Paris should be stored in a moisture proof container?
d. What is efflorescence?
e. Why is baking soda used as an antacid?
23. a. State reasons for the following.
i. Metals are good conductor of heat.
ii. Addition of some silver to pure gold for making ornaments.
iii. Inability of non – metals for displacing hydrogen from dilute sulphuric acid.
b. Balance the following equations
iv. CaO + H2O -> Ca(OH)2
v. NaOH + H2SO4 -> Na2SO4 + H2O
24. a. Explain why i) solar cooker is painted black from inside.
ii) the solar cooker box is covered with a glass sheet.
iii)the plain mirror reflector is used in solar cooker.
b.Draw a neat and well labelled diagram of solar cooker
SECTION – B
25 Absorption of light energy by mesophyll cells of leaf causes.
a) Oxidation of chlorophyll b) Excitation of chlorophyll
c) Reduction of chlorophyll d) Evolution of O2
26 Which of the following does not secrete any hormone?
a) Testis b) Spleen
c) Ovary d) Pancreas
27 Which part of sunlight is used in making solar cell?
a) Infrared radiation b) Ultraviolet radiation
c) Visible radiation d) All of these
28 Which one of the following reaction can be a non – redox reaction?
a) Combination b) Decomposition
c) Displacement d) Double displacement.
29 Which of the following metal does not react with dilute sulphuric acid to liberate H2 gas?
a) Calcium b) Sodium
c) Iron d) Silver
30 Sodium carbonate is not used as:
a) Ingredient in antacids b) As a cleaning agent
c) For removing permanent hardness of water
d) For manufacturing of glass
31 Which one of the following compounds is not an ionic compound?
a) Sodium chloride b) Calcium chloride
c) Carbon tetrachloride d) Magnesium chloride
32 Which among the following reactions are endothermic in nature?
(i) Decomposition of lead nitrate (ii) Burning of methane
(iii)Dilution of sulphuric acid (iv)Dissolution of ammonium chloride in water.
a) i. and ii. b) ii. and iii. c) iii. and iv d) i. and iv
33 Seeds which are kept in the conical flask during the experiment that CO2 is released during respiration must be.
a) Dry b) Wet
c) Germinated d) Boiled
34 The end products of aerobic respiration are
a) CO2 energy and hydrogen b) CO2 and water
c) CO2, H2O and ATP d) ADP and CO2
Refer to attached file for CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper Set K
|CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper 2023|
|CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper 2023 Set A|
|CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper 2023 Set B|
|CBSE Class 10 Science Boards 2020 Sample Paper Solved|
|CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper 2020 Set B|
|CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper 2020 Set C|
|CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper 2020 Set D|
|CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper Solved 2020 Set A|
More Study Material
Sample Paper Science Class 10
We hope you liked the above provided CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper Set K. To get an understanding of the type of questions which were asked in exams, it is important for Class 10 students to refer to CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper Set K that we have provided above. Students can download the Sample Paper for Class 10 Science which will be coming in the exams so that you can practise them and solve all types of questions that can be asked in exams. If you do CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper Set K for Class 10 Science you will easily understand the way examination Sample Paper are set by teachers.
Class 10 Science Sample Paper
The latest Sample Paper CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper Set K covers all the topics which have been suggested by CBSE in their Class 10 Science syllabus for the current year. By doing CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper Set K you will understand the regular questions and MCQ questions for Class 10 Science which are always asked and learn them so that you can get full marks in those questions.
Class 10 Science Model Question Paper Pdf Download
We have provided link above of CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper Set K in Pdf format so that you can just click the links and easily download the papers with answers. On studiestoday, we have also provided a download and print option for all CBSE Class 10 Science latest Sample Papers for Class 10 Science to make it more easy for students. You can download CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper and Class 10 Science Question Papers in PDF absolutely free of cost.
Science Sample Paper Class 10 with Solutions
We have provided CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper Set K with solutions. You will be able to understand the type of answers which you should write in Class 10 Science exams to score good marks. You should attempt all the last year question paper for Class 10 and Class 10 Science MCQ Test in examination conditions at home and then compare their answers with the solutions provided by our teachers. This way you will be able to identify your weak areas and also understand how the teachers of Class 10 Science set their questions in the exams.
CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper with solutions
We have provided the current year Class 10 Science Sample Paper. Students who want to practice Sample Paper from all previous years can easily get them on studiestoday. We are the leading website in India from which you can download all the latest Class 10 Science study material for free as per the CBSE syllabus for Class 10 Science for the current academic year.
You can download CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper Set K from StudiesToday.com
Yes, you can click on the links above and download Sample Paper in PDF for Class 10 for Science. Click on above link to download CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper Set K
Yes, the CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper Set K issued for Class 10 Science have been made available here for latest academic session
You can easily access the link above and download CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper Set K and save on your computer of mobile
There is no charge for CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper Set K you can download everything free
Regular practice of sample question paper given on studiestoday for CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper Set K can help you to score better marks in exams
Yes, studiestoday.com provides all latest CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Papers with answers based on the latest format issued for current academic session
Yes, studiestoday provides CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper Set K in Pdf and can be accessed on smartphones and tablets.
Yes, mock CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper Set K are available in multiple languages, including English, Hindi