SECTION - A
1. Write the name and formula of the 2nd member of homologous series having general formula CnH2n .
2. List two functions performed by the testis in human beings.
3. What is the function of ozone in the upper atmosphere?
4. List four characteristics of the images formed by plane mirrors.
5. Why are forests considered "biodiversity hot spots"? List two ways in which an individual can contribute effectively to the management of forests and wildlife.
6. What is meant by "sustainable management"? Why is reuse considered better than recycling?
7. With the help of an example, explain the process of hydrogenation. Mention the essential conditions for the reaction and state the change in physical property with the formation of the product.
8. What is the difference between the molecules of soaps and detergents, chemically?
Explain the cleansing action of soaps.
9. How many groups and periods are there in the modem periodic table ? How do the atomic size and metallic character of elements vary as we move:
(a) down a group, and
(b) from left to right in a period
10. From the following elements :
4Be; 9F; 19K; 20Ca
Click for more Science Study Material ›