Read and download PDF of CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper 2018 Set H designed as per the latest curriculum and examination pattern for Class 10 issued by CBSE, NCERT and KVS. The latest Class 10 Science Sample Papers have been provided with solutions so that the students can solve these practice papers and then compare their answers. This will help them to identify mistakes and improvement areas in Science Standard 10 which they need to study more to get better marks in Grade 10 exams. After solving these guess papers also refer to solved Class 10 Science Question Papers available on our website to build strong understanding of the subject
SECTION – A
1. Identify the compound which is oxidized in the following reaction:
H2S + Br2 → 2HBr + S
2. Why are titanium and chromium classified as strategic element?
3. Which has a higher resistance: a 50W lamp or 25W lamp bulb and how many times?
4. A drop of litmus solution is added to each of the four solutions give below. State the colour of litmus solution observed in each. Soap solution, Sodium bicarbonate solution, Acetic acid, Tomato juice
5. Translate the following statements into chemical equations and then balance the equations:
a. Aluminium metal replaces iron from ferric oxide. Fe2O3, giving aluminium oxide and iron.
b. Barium chloride reacts with zinc sulphate to give zinc chloride and a precipitate of barium sulphate.
6. What is the chemical name of washing soda? Name the three chief raw materials used for making washing soda.
7. Write four characteristics used for selecting a suitable fuel.
8. How many 176Ω resistors (in parallel) are required to carry 5A on a 220V line? Distinguish between the terms electrical resistance and resistivity of a conductor.
9. What is solenoid? Draw field lines of the magnetic field through and around a current carrying solenoid. What does the magnetic field pattern inside the solenoid indicate?
10. a) What is power?
b)In a house hold, 5 tube lights of 40W each are used for 5 hours and electric press of 500W for hours everyday. Calculate the total electrical energy consumed by the tube lights and press in a month of 30 days.
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper 2018 Set H
Click for more Science Study Material ›