CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper 2013 (4). Based on CBSE and NCERT guidelines. The students should practice these Question Papers to gain perfection which will help him to get more marks in CBSE examination. Please refer to more CBSE Class 10 question papers in other links. The CBSE Question papers are prepared based on trend in past examinations and expected questions in CBSE exams. Its always recommended by CBSE to practice the papers released by CBSE to get better exams in CBSE exams. CBSE Last Year Question Papers for class 10 for final/ term/ SA1/ SA2 Examinations conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education for all CBSE affiliated schools in India and abroad. Please refer to more CBSE Class X sample papers, question papers, HOTs etc in other links.
SECTION – A
1. Identify the compound which is oxidized in the following reaction:
H2S + Br2 → 2HBr + S
2. Why are titanium and chromium classified as strategic element?
3. Which has a higher resistance: a 50W lamp or 25W lamp bulb and how many times?
4. A drop of litmus solution is added to each of the four solutions give below. State the colour of litmus solution observed in each. Soap solution, Sodium bicarbonate solution, Acetic acid, Tomato juice
5. Translate the following statements into chemical equations and then balance the equations:
a. Aluminium metal replaces iron from ferric oxide. Fe2O3, giving aluminium oxide and iron.
b. Barium chloride reacts with zinc sulphate to give zinc chloride and a precipitate of barium sulphate.
6. What is the chemical name of washing soda? Name the three chief raw materials used for making washing soda.
7. Write four characteristics used for selecting a suitable fuel.
8. How many 176Ω resistors (in parallel) are required to carry 5A on a 220V line? Distinguish between the terms electrical resistance and resistivity of a conductor.
9. What is solenoid? Draw field lines of the magnetic field through and around a current carrying solenoid. What does the magnetic field pattern inside the solenoid indicate?
10. a) What is power?
b)In a house hold, 5 tube lights of 40W each are used for 5 hours and electric press of 500W for hours everyday. Calculate the total electrical energy consumed by the tube lights and press in a month of 30 days.
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper 2013 (4)
Click for more Science Study Material ›