CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper (5). CBSE issues sample papers every year for students for class 10 board exams. Students should solve the CBSE issued sample papers to understand the pattern of the question paper which will come in class 10 board exams this year. The sample papers have been provided with marking scheme. It’s always recommended to practice as many CBSE sample papers as possible before the board examinations. Sample papers should be always practiced in examination condition at home or school and the student should show the answers to teachers for checking or compare with the answers provided. Students can download the sample papers in pdf format free and score better marks in examinations. Refer to other links too for latest sample papers.
SECTION – A
1. State one basic difference between a physical change and a chemical change.
2. A non-metal X exists in two different forms Y and Z. Y is the hardest natural substance, whereas Z is a good conductor of electricity. Identify Y and Z.
3. List two main constituents of biogas.
4. How is an ammeter connected in a circuit to measure current flowing through it ?
5. The way metals like sodium, magnesium and iron react with air and water is an indication of their relative positions in the „reactivity series‟. Is this statement true ? Justify your answer with examples.
6. Though the compounds such as glucose and alcohol have hydrogen atoms in their molecule yet they are not categorized as acids, why ?
7. Using balanced chemical equation explain the difference between a displacement reaction and a double displacement reaction.
8. Using a suitable chemical equation justify that some chemical reactions are determined by
(i) change in colour,
(ii) change in temperature.
9. What is saliva ? State its role in the digestion of food.
10. Biogas is considered to be a boon to the farmers. Give reasons.
Please click the link below to download full pdf file for CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper (5).
Click for more Science Study Material ›