CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper Set A. It’s always recommended to practice as many CBSE sample papers as possible before the examinations. The latest sample papers have been designed as per the latest blue prints, syllabus and examination trends. Sample papers should be practiced in examination condition at home or school and also show it to your teachers for checking or compare with the answers provided. Students can download the sample papers in pdf format free and score better marks in examinations. Refer to other links too for latest sample papers.
Section - A
1. What are the limitations of extracting energy from wind?
2. Define power and hence derive its expression in terms of V, I & R.
3. Define magnetic field. Why two magnetic field lines can never cross each other. Draw magnetic field lines due to circular current carrying coil.
4. What is the importance of Earth wire and Fuse wire in domestic electric circuit? An electrician puts a fuse of 5A in heater of rating 2 KW: 220 V.What is likely to happen? Explain.
5. Define electric potential at a point. Calculate potential difference between two points if 2J of work is done to transfer 6.25 x 1022 electrons from one point to another.
a) Nuclear fission & nuclear fusion.
b) Geothermal Energy & Ocean thermal Energy.
c) Biogas & Biomass.
7. In a remote village of a hilly State, villagers were facing a lot of problems in daily life as village was not electrified. They were burning wood to keep area lighted during night to keep animals away. This comes to the knowledge of newly appointed collector of district & he immediately installed solar panels in village & lot of problems were solved
a) State the values exhibited by collector.
b) Explain advantages to villagers due to installation of solar panel.
8. a) Define resistivity. If resistivity of Cu is 1.67 x 10-8 Ωm, what does it signify?
b) How many lamps of 10W, 220V can be connected in parallel if allowable current is 10A?
9. What do you mean by electromagnetic induction? Describe an activity to demonstrate this phenomenon by using two coils. Name a device that works on this principle. State the rule used to find direction of induced current.
Please click the link below to download the full pdf file for CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper Set A.
Click for more Science Study Material ›