CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper 2018 (1). It’s always recommended to practice as many sample papers as possible before the examinations. Students can download the sample papers and also question papers of previous years to practice and score better marks in examinations. Refer to other links too for more sample papers.
1. State one reason for placing Mg and Ca in the same group of the periodic table.
2. State two roles of testes in male reproductive system.
3. Why is re-use of materials better than recycling in saving the environment?
1. What is a homologous series? Write the name and draw the structure of the second member of the alkene series.
2. Give one example of each-
a) Metal having valency 2.
b) Non metal having valency 2.
c) Element with completely filled outermost shell.
d) d) Element with three shells, having 4 electrons in the outermost shell.
3. To protect the food plants from insects, an insecticide was sprayed in small amounts but it was detected in high concentration in human beings. How did it happen?
1. How do the following traits change in a period from left to right in the periodic table –
a) Atomic size
c) Metallic character.
2. What are isomers? Draw all possible isomers of C4 H10 and name them.
3. Two elements 'X‘ and 'Y‘ belong to the second group of the periodic table. 'X‘ has 2 shells and 'Y‘ has 3 shells in it –
a) Which of these is more metallic in nature and why?
b) What is the formula of the chloride of 'X‘ and sulphide of 'Y‘?
c) Is the valency of 'X‘ same as that of 'Y‘ or different? Why?
4. a) Why do we see different variety of organisms around us?
b) In which type of reproduction –
i) Off springs are identical? ii) Exact similar offspring‘s are not produced?
5. How do species of two isolated subpopulations become two different species?
6. Define –
a) Spore formation
c) Multiple fission
7. Variation is useful for the survival of species overtime but the variants have unequal chances of survival.‖ Explain the statement.
8. What is "Placenta"? State its function in human female.
9. a) State the law of refraction of light that defines the refractive index of one medium with respect to the other.
b) Express it mathematically also.
Please click the link below to download CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper 2018 (1).
Click for more Science Study Material ›