CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper 2014 (17). CBSE issues sample papers every year for students for class 10 board exams. Students should solve the CBSE issued sample papers to understand the pattern of the question paper which will come in class 10 board exams this year. The sample papers have been provided with marking scheme. It’s always recommended to practice as many CBSE sample papers as possible before the board examinations. Sample papers should be always practiced in examination condition at home or school and the student should show the answers to teachers for checking or compare with the answers provided. Students can download the sample papers in pdf format free and score better marks in examinations. Refer to other links too for latest sample papers.
SECTION – A
1. Write one equation for a decomposition reaction where energy is supplied as heat.
2. What is represented by JC-1?
3. Tooth enamel is one of the hardest substances in our body.How does it undergo damage due to eating chocolates and sweets?
4. Define refractive index in terms of speed of light?
5. Identify the substance oxidized and reduced in 4Na + O2 → Na2O.
6. Draw a diagram to show the dispersion of white light by a glass prism?
7. How is bleaching powder prepared? Why does bleaching powder
1) smell strongly of chlorine?
2) not dissolve completely in water?
8. Describe an activity with a neat diagram to show that a magnetic field is generated around a straight current carrying wire.
9. Draw ray – diagrams to describe the nature, position and relative size of the image formed?
1) By a convex lens for the object when it is placed at 2F1.
2) By a concave mirror for the object when it is placed between pole P and focus F.
10. Draw the structural formula of a compound with two carbon atoms in following cases.
a) An alkane
b) An alcohol
c) An unsaturated hydro carbons.
Please click the link below to download full pdf file for CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper 2014 (17).
Click for more Science Study Material ›