Read and download PDF of CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper 2017 Set I designed as per the latest curriculum and examination pattern for Class 10 issued by CBSE, NCERT and KVS. The latest Class 10 Science Sample Papers have been provided with solutions so that the students can solve these practice papers and then compare their answers. This will help them to identify mistakes and improvement areas in Science Standard 10 which they need to study more to get better marks in Grade 10 exams. After solving these guess papers also refer to solved Class 10 Science Question Papers available on our website to build strong understanding of the subject
Science Sample Paper Class 10 2017
Students can refer to the below Class 10 Science Sample Paper designed to help students understand the pattern of questions that will be asked in Grade 10 exams. Please download CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper 2017 Set I
Science Class 10 Sample Paper 2017
1. Dry Hydrogen Chloride gas does not turn blue litmus red whereas Hydrochloric acid does. Give one reason.
2. Identify the substance oxidized in the chemical reaction:
MnO2 + 4 HCl Mn Cl2 + Cl2 + 2H2O
3. You are given two resistors of 5? and 20 ?, a battery of emf 2.5V, a key and an ammeter. Draw a circuit diagram of all given components such that the ammeter gives a reading of 0.1A.
4. Sketch magnetic field lines around a current carry straight conductor.
5. A household uses the following electric appliances:
(i) Refrigerator of rating 400 W for ten hours each day.
(ii) Two electric fans of rating 80 W each for twelve hours each day.
(iii) Six electric tubes of rating 18 W each for 6 hours each day. Calculate the electricity bill of the household for the month of June if the cost per unit of electric energy is Rs. 3.00.
6. What is meant by the term 'frequency' of an alternating current? What is its value in India? Why is an alternating current considered to be advantageous over direct current for long range transmission of electric energy?
7. An old person is unable to see clearly nearby objects as well as distant objects.
a) What defect of vision is he suffering from?
b) What kind of lens will be required to see clearly the nearby as well as distant objects? Give reasons.
8. State two criteria each in the selection of each of the following:
(i) good fuel
(ii) good source of energy
9. (a) Name two elements which can be used for generation of electricity in a nuclear power plant.
(b) Why many nuclear power plants could not be installed in our country? Give two reasons.
10. A student dropped few pieces of marble in dilute Hydrochloric acid contained in a test tube. The evolved gas was passed through lime water. What change would be observed in lime water? Write balanced chemical equations for the reaction when
(i) gas was evolved
(ii) gas was passed through lime water.
11. Atomic number is considered to be a more appropriate parameter than atomic mass for classification of elements in a periodic table. Why? How does metallic character of elements vary on moving from
(i) left to right in a period
(ii) from top to bottom in a group. Give reasons for your answers.
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper 2017 Set I
Click for more Science Study Material ›
|CBSE Class 10 Science Boards 2020 Sample Paper Solved|
|CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper 2020 Set B|
|CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper 2020 Set C|
|CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper 2020 Set D|
|CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper Solved 2020 Set A|