CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper SA1 2014.Sample Papers are the very important for every student. The sample papers should be practiced to gain extra marks in examinations. The sample papers have been prepared based on summative assessment1 and summative assessment 2 pattern. The sample papers have been prepared based on pattern of last year examinations and as per latest changes in the syllabus. Students, teachers and parents can download all CBSE educational material and very well prepared worksheets from this website. All CBSE educational material is developed by our panel of teachers, have also been submitted by CBSE teachers and students.
1. How can it be shown that a magnetic field exists around a wire through which a direct current is passing?
2. Name a non conventional renewable source of energy which can be harnessed for 24 hrs throughout a year?
3. Name one fuel used in nuclear reactor.
4. A wire of resistance 10 ohm is bent in the form of a closed circle. What is the effective resistance between the two points at the ends of any diameter of the circle?
5. Consider the circuit shown in the diagram. Find the current in 3 ohm resistor.
6. What is Ocean Thermal Energy? Mention any two limitations in obtaining the energy from the oceans.
7. a) i) What is the meaning of the term ‘frequency’ of an alternating current?
ii) What is its value in India?
b) Why is an alternating current considered to be advantageous over direct current for long range transmission of electric energy?
8. Why is it not possible to make use of solar cells to meet all our energy needs? State at least three reasons to support your answer.
9. a) Define resistance. Write the SI unit of resistance and define it. Match the correct range of resistivity with the materials given :
i) Conductors i) 10-6 ohm-m
ii) Alloys ii) 10 12 to 10 17 ohm-m
iii) Insulators iii) 10 -6 to 10-8 ohm-m
Please click the below link to access CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Paper SA1 2014.
Click for more Science Study Material ›