CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Worksheet - The Solid State. CBSE issues sample papers every year for students for class 12 board exams. Students should solve the CBSE issued sample papers to understand the pattern of the question paper which will come in class 12 board exams this year. The sample papers have been provided with marking scheme. It’s always recommended to practice as many CBSE sample papers as possible before the board examinations. Sample papers should be always practiced in examination condition at home or school and the student should show the answers to teachers for checking or compare with the answers provided. Students can download the sample papers in pdf format free and score better marks in examinations. Refer to other links too for latest sample papers.
UNIT - 1
THE SOLID STATE
1. What are Bravais lattices?
2. Why are amorphous solids isotropic in nature?
3. Why glass is regarded as an amorphous solid?
4. Define the term 'crystal lattice.‟
5. Name the crystal system for which all four types of unit cells are possible. [Ans. Orthorhombic]
6. What is the total number of atoms per unit cell in a fcc crystal structure? [Ans. 4]
7. What difference in behaviour between the glass and sodium chloride would you expect to observe, if you break off a piece of either cube?
8. Define the term voids.
9. What type of stochiometric defect is shown by (i) ZnS and (ii) CsCl?
[Hint. : (i) Frenkel defect (ii) Schottky defect]
*10. If the formula of a compound is A2B, which sites would be occupied by A ions?
[Hint. : Number of A atoms is double to B, so it occupied tetrahedral void]
11. What is the coordination number for (a) an octahedral void (b) a tetrahedral void. [Hint. : (a) 6; (b) 4 ]
*12. How many octahedral voids are there in 1 mole of a compound having cubic closed packed structure?
13. What does the term „Coordination number‟ indicate
14. Arrange simple cubic, bcc and fcc lattice in decreasing order of the fraction of the occupied space.
15. How much space is empty in a hexagonal closed packed solid?
Please click the link below to download full pdf file for CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Worksheet - The Solid State.