CBSE Class 10 English Question Paper 2012 (9). Students can download the last year question papers using the link below. Free download of examination question papers with solutions. Last 10 year question papers should be practised to get better marks in examinations.
ENGLISH – PAPER II
Check the question paper for fairness of printing. If there is any lack of fairness, inform the Hall Supervisor immediately.
This question paper contains FOUR SECTIONS.
SECTION − I
(1) Fill in the blanks with the appropriate phrases given below to form a complete meaningful paragraph:
Kumar watched (i) __________________ flying in a (ii) ________________ and remembered the time when he had see (iii) ____________________ and his father had told him that the birds had come there to stay only (iv) _______ and would soon leave the (v) ____________ and return to their home in the Artic.
(i) for a short while
(ii) the migratory birds
(iii) the place of their sojourn
(iv) nestlings in Vedanthangal
(iv) streamlined ‘V’
(2) Read the following sentences and identify the character / speaker:
(1) “I will call you Goldy”.
(2) “I shall perform some magic tricks.”
(3) “Help! Save me from drowning.”
(4) “At least we could spend some time together.”
(5) “I’ve been in search of a model to pose as Judas Iscariot.”
(3) Match the following appropriately:
(A) Judas − caught in a drain
(B) Kumar − clever little boy
(C) Mom − one of two figures for a painting
(D) Celine − young and enterprising
(E) Hubert − fond of playing the piano
− hid in the cupboard
(4) Complete the following sentences choosing the correct answer from the options given below:
(i) Mom allowed __________to keep the dog.
(a) Goldy (b) Shelly (c) Sam (d) Diane
(ii) The brothers started off the ride with __________.
(a) a thumbs up sign (b) a wave of the fla (c) a whistle (d) a gun shot
(iii) There were _________ thieves hiding in the cupboard.
(a) four (b) six (c) three (d) five
(iv) The painter was trying hard to find a model for a painting of……………
(a) an artist (b) Judas Iscariot (c) a beggar (d) a poet
(v) Dad finally got an employment _________.
(a) at a doctor’s clinic (b) as a clerk (c) as a lecturer (d) with an auditing firm
Please click the link below to download pdf file of CBSE Class 10 English Question Paper 2012 (9)
Click for more English Study Material ›