Read and download CBSE Class 10 English Language and Literature Board Question Paper Solved 2018 Set 2 designed as per the latest question paper pattern and Class 10 examination guidelines issued by CBSE, NCERT and KVS. The past year Question Papers for Class 10 English have been provided with solutions which will help students to assess their performance and find out topics in English grade 10 which they need to improve to get better marks in Standard 10 exams. After solving these last year papers also refer to solved Sample Papers for Class 10 English available on our website to build strong understanding of the subject
Question Paper for Class 10 English 2018 Pdf
Students can refer to the below Class 10 English Question Paper designed to help students understand the pattern of questions that will be asked in Grade 10 exams. Please download CBSE Class 10 English Language and Literature Board Question Paper Solved 2018 Set 2
English Class 10 Question Paper 2018
CBSE Class 10 English Language and Literature Board Question Paper Solved 2018 Set 2. Students can download the last year question papers using the link below. Free download of examination question papers with solutions. Last 10 year question papers should be practised to get better marks in examinations.
1. Read the passage given below.
(1) It is an indisputable fact that the world has gone too far with the innovation of new technologies such as mobile phones, the internet and so on, due to which people are able to tour the cosmos virtually sitting at one place using their smart devices or other technological gadgets. Though mobile internet access is oftentimes hurried and short, it can still provide common internet features like alerts, weather data, emails, search engines, instant messages, and game and music downloading.
(2) Due to the easy access of smart phones, communication has been very effective and instant. People are able to convey their message all around the globe to their loved ones without spending hefty sums of money. Adults are always fond of such gadgets and they always welcome and adopt such new technology readily. Further, young people have been able to broaden their minds and improve their skills by doing research on the Internet. For instance, they use smart phones to look up any new word they come across. As we know that most of the universities have online teaching provision and smart phones assist the students to complete their assignments on time.
(3) The mobile phone has been a lifesaver for a lot of people in case of an emergency. Likewise, use of smart phones can be of vital importance in preventing crimes in the society by providing information to the security forces in time.
(4) Nonetheless, for the young the use of mobile phone can be like an addiction and they can misuse it. Young people are also prone to getting involved in undesirable activities on the Internet. This might have adverse effect on their ademic performance. Therefore, young people should always be monitored and made aware of its bad outcomes.
(5) Also a major contributor to its popularity is the availability of prepaid or pay as you go services from a phone shop or an online store. This allows subscribers to load text or airtime credits to their handsets by the use of their credit cards, debit cards or by buying a prepaid card from the network they subscribe to. This plan also doesn’t commit a particular customer to a contract. If prepaid card is not that appealing to you, then you can opt to subscribe using the pay by month plan.
1.1 On the basis of your reading of the passage, answer any four of the following questions
(i) How are smart phones helpful in communication ?
(ii) What are the benefits of mobile phones for the young generation ?
(iii) How can mobile phones be considered ‘lifesavers’ ?
(iv) Mention any two demerits of mobile phones.
(v) How is a prepaid card useful to mobile phone users ?
1.2 On the basis of your reading of the passage, answer any four of the following :
(i) In para 1, synonym of ‘innovation’ is ________.
(i) production (ii) sincerity
(iii) invention (iv) prevention
(ii) Mobile internet can provide access to :
(i) telegram (ii) emails
(iii) schools (iv) university
(iii) Grown-ups should _________ the use of new technology by the young people.
(i) reject (ii) criticize
(iii) monitor (iv) accept
(iv) Meaning of the word ‘adverse’ in para 4 is :
(i) positive (ii) negative
(iii) admirable (iv) unguided
(v) According to the passage, one can opt for __________ plan if prepaid plan doesn’t suit.
(i) yearly (ii) weekly
(iii) monthly (iv) daily
2. Read the passage given below :
(1) Tourists to Jammu and Kashmir have another attraction – a floating post office on the Dal Lake in Srinagar, the first in the country. ‘Floating Post Office, Dal Lake’ – claimed to be the only one such post office in the world – is built on an intricately carved maroon houseboat, fastened on the western edge of the Dal Lake.
Please click the link below to download pdf file of CBSE Class 10 English Language and Literature Board Question Paper Solved 2018 Set 2.
|CBSE Class 10 English Question Paper 2022 Set 1 Solved|
|CBSE Class 10 English Question Paper 2022 Set 2 Solved|
|CBSE Class 10 English Question Paper 2022 Set 3 Solved|
|CBSE Class 10 English Question Paper 2022 Set 4 Solved|
|CBSE Class 10 English Question Paper 2021 Set 1 Solved|
|CBSE Class 10 English Question Paper 2021 Set 2 Solved|
|CBSE Class 10 English Question Paper 2021 Set 3 Solved|
|CBSE Class 10 English Question Paper 2021 Set 4 Solved|