Read and download CBSE Class 10 English Question Paper 2012 (13) designed as per the latest question paper pattern and Class 10 examination guidelines issued by CBSE, NCERT and KVS. The past year Question Papers for Class 10 English have been provided with solutions which will help students to assess their performance and find out topics in English grade 10 which they need to improve to get better marks in Standard 10 exams. After solving these last year papers also refer to solved Sample Papers for Class 10 English available on our website to build strong understanding of the subject
CBSE Class 10 English Question Paper 2012 (13). Students can download the last year question papers using the link below. Free download of examination question papers with solutions. Last 10 year question papers should be practised to get better marks in examinations.
ENGLISH – PAPER I
Check the question paper for fairness of printing. If there is any lack of fairness, inform the Hall Supervisor immediately.
This question paper contains FIVE SECTIONS.
SECTION − I (VOCABULARY )
PART − I
(1) Choose the appropriate synonym of the underlined word:
Even as a child Bharat had enjoyed playing with bricks. He would place one on top of the other and make a soaring (i) tower. He liked to help the workers when they renovated (ii) a house on his street and would try to figure out (iii) the plan of the house. Now as a man, he runs his own construction company and is involved in the exacting (iv) work of building offices and guest houses for large international companies .These companies are convinced that his accomplishment (v) is the best that is available in the city.
- (a) wounding (b) rising (c) increasing (d) flying
- (a) repaired (b) constructed (c) decorated (d) destroyed
- (a) calculate (b) understand (c) guess (d) decide
- (a) tiring (b) perfect (c) accurate (d) challenging
- (a) skill (b) achievement (c) establishment (d) work
(2) Choose the appropriate antonym of the underlined word:
Besides the two World wars, the 20th century saw several (i) regional wars which were full of brutality (ii) with an irreverent (iii) attitude towards life in general. However, with the world economy having improved in the 21st century we tend to feel we are living now as a privileged generation with more comfort and less wars. But are we really a privileged lot? Do we not tremble in panic (iv) every time we hear of a bomb blast in a public place and are we not deeply worried when we hear of kidnappings and murders for material gain? We will, and can be, a privileged (v) generation only if all of us make a meaningful attempt to respect human life and aim at living in peace, harmony and contentment with one another, without fear and without ill-will or hatred towards anyone.
- (a) many (b) no (c) insignificant (d) few
- (a) humaneness (b) dignity (c) generosity (d) kindness
- (a) involved (b) considerate (c) spiritual (d) respectful
- (a) joy (b) indifference (c) calmness (d) bravery
- (a) deprived (b) empowered (c) abandoned (d) incapable
PART − II
Answer any ten of the following:
(3) The common expansion of CCTV is
(a) Charged channel television (b) Closed channel television (c) Closed-circuit television (d) Checked-circuit television
(4) Choose the sentence that is correct in its meaning:
(a) We will set sail for Japan next week. (b) We will set sale for Japan next week.
(5) Replace the underlined word with its equivalent American English word:
If you take the lift to the tenth floor you will find the office you are looking for on your right.
(6) Which of the words given below can be placed after the word car to form a compound word?
(a) street (b) park (c) house (d) top
(7) What is the plural form of the word ‘locus’?
(a) locuses (b) loci (c) locae
(8) Attach a prefix to the word ‘taken’ from the list given below to complete the sentence.
She was __taken for his mother as the child looked just like her.
(a) un- (b) en- (c) mis- (d) dis-
(9) Replace the underlined word in the sentence with one of the phrasal verbs given below to convey the same meaning.
I will search the dictionary for the meaning of this word.
(a) look upon (b) look up to (c) look up (d) look at
(10) Separate the syllables of any one of the following words:
(a) agriculture (b) monument (c) duties
(11) Choose the appropriate word to make a meaningful sentence:
He likes to ________ his favourite TV serial the whole hour.
(a) see (b) watch
(12) Construct a sentence using one of the words given below:
(a) earnest (b) earnestly (c) earnestness
(13) Reframe the sentence using the underlined word as a verb:
The teacher gave a definition of the formula through an illustration.
(14) Which of the two sentences given below conveys the following meaning?
‘They did not succeed in any other subject’
(a) These are the only students successful in the Mathematics test.
(b) These are the students successful only in the Mathematics test.
Please click the link below to download pdf file of CBSE Class 10 English Question Paper 2012 (13)
Click for more English Study Material ›