CBSE Class 10 English Communicative Question Paper 2006 (4). Students can download the last year question papers using the link below. Free download of examination question papers with solutions. Last 10 year question papers should be practiced to get better marks in examinations.
SECTION – A (READING)
1. Read the following poem carefully and answer the questions that follow:
1. The rain falls gently
2. Quenching the thirst of a landscape
3. Parched by the rays of the hot summer sun
4. The song of the birds is now silenced
5. The petals of a once brilliant flower have faded.
6. A bright azure sky with soft white clouds is gone
7. Replaced by the gray dampness of the season
8. The caressing breeze of summer
9. Has turned into the blustering winds of fall.
10. Leaves once proudly perched on the limbs of trees,
11. Now dance gaily through the air,
12. Brightly coloured ia the warm tones of autumn.
13. Children laughing merrily on their way
14. As they hear the crackling sound of leaves beneath their feet.
15. A jack-o-lantern sits in the window,
16. Showing a wide, toothless grin or scowling frown.
17. The snapping of pitch from a burning log
18. The faint scent of pine filling the room
19. Flames leaping about as if it were a ballet
20. Performing for its audience
21. The soft, comforting glow of candlelight,
22. Bringing with it serenity and quiet thoughts.
23. I sit in amazement watching all that is around me.
24. Yes, there is a God.
25. Only He could have made the wonders I see before me
26. I will accept the solitude and indifference of winter.
27. So I may anticipate and appreciate
28. The re-birth of spring.
1.1 Read the following summary. Complete it by writing the missing words against the correct blank number in your answer sheet :
Outside on an autumn day children (a) ………………. which were lying on the ground making a (b) ……….. Inside the room, the burning log in the fireplace was giving off the (c) ………………….. The flames looked like as if they were (d) ………………….. and the soft comforting candlelight made the poet (e) ……………... serene thoughts. The poet was (f) …………………… as he watched God’s creation. He looked forward to (g) ……………….. the spring season even though he knew he would have to accept the winter’s (h) ……….
1.2 Select 8 characteristics of the autumn season and write them in your answer sheet.
2. Read the passage given below and answer the questions that follow:
The Underwater Coral City
1. Coral reefs are warm, clear, shallow ocean habitats that are rich in life. The reef’s massive structure is formed from coral polyps, tiny animals that live in colonies. When coral polyps die, they leave behind a hard, stony, branching structure made of limestone.
2. There are two types of corals, hard corals and soft corals. Hard corals (like brain coral and elkhorn coral) have hard, limestone skeletons which form the basis of coral reefs. Soft corals (like sea fingers and seawhips) do not build reefs.
3. Coral reefs develop in shallow, warm water, usually near land, and mostly in the tropics; corals prefer temperatures between 70 and 85°F (21-30°C). There are coral reefs off the eastern coast of Africa, off the southern coast of India, in the Red Sea, and off the coasts of northeast and northwest Australia and on to Polynesia. There are also coral reefs off the coast of Florida, USA, to the Caribbean, and down to Brazil.
4. The Great Barrier Reef (off the coast of NE Australia) is the largest coral reef in the World. It is over 1,257 miles (2000 km) long.
5. Many coral reefs are dying. Major threats to coral reefs are water pollution (from sewage and agricultural runoff), dredging off the coast, careless collecting of coral specimens, and sedimentation, (when silt or sand from construction or mining projects muddies the waters of a reef and kills corals, which need light to live).
6. The under water coral city is a unique and diverse collection of colourful and weirdly patterned animals. This city is planned by tiny architects who have devised an inter-related web of large and complex structures, intricate waste disposal system, even its own water conditioning plant. Most of the problems
Please click the link below to download pdf file of CBSE Class 10 English Communicative Question Paper 2006 (4).
Click for more English Study Material ›