CBSE Class 10 English Question Paper 2012 (12). Students can download the last year question papers using the link below. Free download of examination question papers with solutions. Last 10 year question papers should be practised to get better marks in examinations.
MODEL QUESTION PAPER
Class x English paper I
Section A – Vocabulary
I(a). Choose the appropriate synonym of the underlined word:
Even as a child Bharat had enjoyed playing with bricks. He would place one on top of the other and make a soaring(1) tower. He liked to help the workers when they renovated(2) a house on his street and would try to figure out(3) the plan of the house. Now as a man, he runs his own construction company and is involved in the exacting (4) work of building offices and guest houses for large international companies .These companies are convinced that his accomplishment (5) is the best that is available in the city.
- a) wounding b) rising c) increasing d) flying
- a) repaired b) constructed c) decorated d) destroyed
- a) calculate b) understand c) guess d) decide
- a) tiring b) perfect c) accurate d) challenging
- a) skill b) achievement c) establishment d) work
I(b).Choose the appropriate antonym of the underlined word:
Besides the two World wars, the 20th century saw several (6) regional wars which were full of brutality (7) with an irreverent (8) attitude towards life in general. However, with the world economy having improved in the 21st century we tend to feel we are living now as a privileged generation with more comfort and less wars. But are we really a privileged lot? Do we not tremble in panic (9) every time we hear of a bomb blast in a public place and are we not deeply worried when we hear of kidnappings and murders for material gain? We will, and can be, a privileged (10) generation only if all of us make a meaningful attempt to respect human life and aim at living in peace, harmony and contentment with one another, without fear and without ill-will or hatred towards anyone.
- a) many b)no c) insignificant d) few
- a) humaneness b) dignity c) generosity d) kindness
- a) involved b) considerate c) spiritual d) respectful
- a) joy b) indifference c) calmness d) bravery
- a) deprived b)empowered c)abandoned d) incapable
I (c) Answer any ten of the following:
11) The common expansion of CCTV is
a) Charged channel television
b) Closed channel television
c) Closed-circuit television
d) Checked-circuit television
12) Choose the sentence that is correct in its meaning:
a) We will set sail for Japan next week,
b) We will set sale for Japan next week.
Please click the link below to download pdf file of CBSE Class 10 English Question Paper 2012 (12)
Click for more English Study Material ›