CBSE Class 10 English Question Paper 2012 (5). Students can download the last year question papers using the link below. Free download of examination question papers with solutions. Last 10 year question papers should be practised to get better marks in examinations.
SECOND TERMINAL EXAMINATION
ENGLISH PAPER - I
CLASS: X SECTION – A
I.A) Choose the appropriate synonym of the underlined words:
In a small town near Chennai, dogs are undervalued (1) .Forty of them were denied (2) their right to live. They were caught by municipal authorities and sadistically (3) given poison injections and killed. In some other places, they are tortured (4) by pelting stones. When the tragedy (5) of man killing of dogs was flashed in the papers, SPCA, Chennai condemned it.
1. a) gives less price b) Derecognized c) estimated less in the market d) value not recognized
2. a) extended b) Proffered c) preferred d) refused
3. a) pained by other’s pain b) be different c) pleased by hurting others d) be dispassionate
4. a) reduced pain b) mitigated suffering c) alleviated the misery d) made to suffer
5. a) sad happening b) traffic c) transcendental meditation d) humorous event
B) Choose the appropriate antonym of the underlined words:
It is common (6) to see many old age homes flourishing (7) in India. It is piteous (8) that sonsand daughters regard their parents as burdens. If they remember (9) the sacrifices their parents had made in raising them, they would be grateful (10) to them and take care of them till they die.
6. a) usual b) uncommon c) drab d) familiar
7. a) declining b) prospering c) developing d) growing
8. a) timid b) strenuous c) alarming d) joyous
9. a) recall b) forget c) rewind d) recollect
10. a) ungrateful b) cheerful c) useful d) painful
C) Answer any TEN of the following:
11. The common expansion of CBSE is
a) Central Board of Stock Exchange
b) Central Bureau of Sales Evasion
c) Central Board of Secondary Education
d) Central Board of Sales Employees
12. Choose the sentence that is correct in its meaning:
a) Sheela does not want to die her hair
b) Sheela does not want to dye her hair
13. Replace the underlined word with its equivalent American English word.
a) Pedestrians should always use pavements
14. Which of the words given below can be placed after the word Air to form a compound word?
a) hostess b) hostel c) part d) day
15. Which is the plural form of the word ‘Locus’?
a) Locuses b) Loci c) Locae
16. Attach a prefix to the word ‘balance’ from the list given below to complete the sentence:
Rare species are threatened due to ecological
a) un b) dis c) im d) mis
17. Replace the underlined word in the sentence with one of the phrasal verbs given below to convey the same meaning: She searched the whole room for the missing key
a) looked away b) looked for c) looked in d) looked into
18. Separate the syllables of anyone of the following words:
a) Flood b) tradition c) pronounce
19. Choose the appropriate word to make a meaningful sentence:
China is the most _________ country in the world.
a) popular b) populous
20. Construct a sentence using one of the words given below:
a) popular b) popularly c) popularity
21. Reframe the sentence using the underlined word as a verb.
The cause of the riot is not known.
22. Which of the two sentences given below conveys the following meaning? Some are born rich
a) Everyone is born rich b) Not every person is born rich
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 10 English Question Paper 2012 (5)
Click for more English Study Material ›