Read and download CBSE Class 10 English Language and Literature Question Paper 2005 (3) designed as per the latest question paper pattern and Class 10 examination guidelines issued by CBSE, NCERT and KVS. The past year Question Papers for Class 10 English have been provided with solutions which will help students to assess their performance and find out topics in English grade 10 which they need to improve to get better marks in Standard 10 exams. After solving these last year papers also refer to solved Sample Papers for Class 10 English available on our website to build strong understanding of the subject
CBSE Class 10 English Language and Literature Question Paper 2005 (3). Students can download the last year question papers using the link below. Free download of examination question papers with solutions. Last 10 year question papers should be practised to get better marks in examinations.
(Language and Literature)
General Instructions :
(i) This paper is divided into four Sections — A, B, C and D.
(ii) All questions are compulsory.
(iii) Marks are indicated against each question.
SECTION - A
1. Read the passage given below and answer the questions that follow : Of all the creatures living on earth, none causes more harm to man than the rats and mice. Their high rate of breeding beats all efforts at controlling them. The damage done by them to agriculture alone is enormous. Grains of all sorts are their chief and favourite food. Grave havoc is also caused to all kinds of fruits and vegetables and to poultry and other domestic stock. They are also the cause of dangerous diseases. Rat-tainted food causes disease to man and animal. Bubonic plague, the dreadful disease, is spread by rats. There are many kinds of rats and mice in India; first, those that live in fields, the common enemy of crops; the second, the wild species found in forests; and the last those which are household pests.
(a) How do rats and mice prove more destructive to man than any other creature ?
(b) Why is it not possible to control them ?
(c) Mention any two kinds of rats and mice found in India ?
(d) Name the dreadful disease spread by rats ?
(e) Find the word, from the passage, which means ‘very great/immense’.
2. Read the passage given below and answer the questions that follow : Fire has been worshipped in ancient cultures worldwide. In Greek Mythology Prometheus is said to have stolen fire from heaven. He brought it down to earth for human use. Fire is the spirit of the Sun. It is the purest of all elements on earth. It clears darkness which is the region of the evil spirit. It is always moving upwards. It is compassionate when controlled, but it is merciless in destruction when out of control. Moreover it is the most human of all elementsit is used in service of the human beings. An animal has no use of fire. It is used in cooking, in forging ploughs and swords, in kilns for building houses etc. It has made human cultural evolution on earth possible.
(a) What did Prometheus do ? Why did he do it ?
(b) What does darkness represent ?
(c) How does fire act when it is under control and when it is out of control ?
(d) How is it used in the service of human beings ?
(e) Find the word, from the passage, which means ‘gradual development’.
SECTION - B
3. Health Awareness Camp was organized by the Science Club of your school. Mentioning the details of the programme such as eye check-up, lectures on primary health care etc., write a report in about 40 words for your school magazine. You are Shyam Chakraborty, the Secretary of your club.
4. Write a paragraph on any one of the following topics in about 80 words :
(a) Independence Day Celebrations in Your School
(b) Your Experience of An Indian Village
(c) How You Spent Your Summer Vacation
5. Your friend Abhinav lives in Bangalore. An International Book Fair is going on in your city. Write a letter inviting him to come and stay with you and visit the Book Fair. You are Pulkit/Nikita living at A-405, Vijay Laxmi Apartments, Lajpat Nagar, Delhi.
You are Tarun/Shikha living at D-503, Ganesh Nagar, Delhi. There is a lot of garbage lying on the main road just near the bus stand. Write a letter to the Municipal Commissioner of Delhi complaining against this nuisance.
Please click the link below to download pdf file of CBSE Class 10 English Language and Literature Question Paper 2005 (3)
Click for more English Study Material ›