CBSE Class 10 English Communicative SA 2 2013 (9). Students can download the last year question papers using the link below. Free download of examination question papers with solutions. Last 10 year question papers should be practised to get better marks in examinations.
SECTION - A
(Reading - 20 Marks)
1. Read the passage given below and complete the statements that follow :
"I have encroached into men's territory," laughs Nuzrat Gul. The thirty-four year old Kashmiri has broken many a tradition to become the first woman turf manager in the country, successfully nurturing the Royal Springs Golf Course in Srinagar for the pasteight years. Being the only woman in a male dominated field is no big deal for heranymore. After all, Gul was tough enough to take up the job after the American turf manager fled in the wake of the Kargil war in 1999. At the Master's course in Turf Management at the University of Massachusetts in 2008, she was the lone woman in a class of sixty five. "Boys would not take me seriously but one day when I gave a presentation on golf course to the class, they were awestruck," she says with pride. She returned to her job in Srinagar with a gold medal.Gul shunned all campus placements abroad. "I was told that I was a fool, not taking up offers, as managing a turf is big money abroad. But I wanted to return to my homeland," she says. Her initial days were not easy as people could not digest a pretty woman, in a torn pair of jeans doing manual labour in the greens.
1. The (a)____________in Srinagar is looked after by Nuzrat Gul. She took up the job after the American turf manager fled from Kashmir due to the (b) __________
2. Boys would not take her seriously because she was (c)________in the University of Massachusetts.
3. The desire to return to her homeland made her (d) _____________
4. Her initial days as a turf manager were difficult as people could not accept a pretty woman, in a torn pair of jeans who did (e)
Please click the link below to download pdf file of CBSE Class 10 English Communicative SA 2 2013 (9).
Click for more English Study Material ›