CBSE Basic Concepts and Assignment for Class XII Biology -Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants . Based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. The students should read these basic concepts to gain perfection which will help him to get more marks in CBSE examination.
VSA (1 MARK)
1. In a young anther, a group of compactly arranged homogenous cells were observed in the centre of each microsporangium. What is the name given to these cells?
2. Give the scientific name of a plant which came to India as a contaminant with imported wheat and causes pollen allergy.
3. Pollen grains of water pollinated species have a special characteristics for protection from water. What is that?
4. Why are pollen grains produced in enormous quantity in Maize?
5. In same species of Asteraceae and grasses, seed are formed without fusion of gametes. Mention the scientific term for such form of reproduction.
6. Arrange the following in correct developmental sequence : Male gamete, Potential pollen mother cell, sporogenous tissue, Pollen grains, Microspore tetrad.
7. If the diploid number of chromosomes in an angiospermic plant is 16. Mention number of chromosomes in the endosperm and antipodal cell.
SA-II (2 MARKS)
8. In angiospermic plant before formation of microspore sporogenous tissue undergo cell division
(a) Name the type of cell division.
(b) What would be the ploidy of the cells of tetrad?
9. Outer envelop of pollen grain made of a highly resistant substance. What is that substance? At which particular point the substance is not present?
10. Fruits generally develops from ovary, but in few species thalamus contributes to fruit formation.
(a) Name the two categories of fruits.
(b) Give one example of each.
11. Among the animal, insects particularly bees are the dominant pollinating agents. List any four characteristic features of the insect pollinated flower.
12. Differentiate between geitonogamy and xenogamy.
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 12 Biology - Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants