CBSE Class 12 Biology - Biotechnology and its Applications Assignment CBSE,CCE and NCERT students can refer to the attached file. All educational material on the website has been prepared by the best teachers having more than 20 years of teaching experience in various schools. The study material available on our website for all CBSE classes and subjects have been prepared by teachers from all over the country. All study material has been carefully designed keeping into mind the latest CBSE examination trends.
VSA (1 MARK)
1. Name the technique based on the principle of antigen-antibody interaction used in detection of a virus (HIV).
2. Development of a transgenic food crop may help in solving the problem of night blindness in the developing countries, name this crop plant.
3. Which nematode infects the roots of tobacco plant and causes a great reduction in yield?
4. The first transgenic cow, produced human protein enriched milk. Name the cow and the protein found in milk.
5. The insulin produced using recombinant DNA technology is more advantageous than the insulin extracted from pancreas of slaughtered cattle and pigs. How?
6. Name two pest resistant plants produced by using recombinant DNA technology.
SA-II (2 MARKS)
7. What are the two methods for correcting ADA deficiency in a child?
8. Some crop plants are modified genetically by manipulating their genes. How are they made beneficial?
9. GEAC is one of the organisation set up by Indian Government. Write its full form. Give its two objectives.
10. Industrialised nations are exploiting the bioresources of under industrialised nations. Justify the statement with a suitable example.
SA-I (3 MARKS)
11. Some multinational companies and other organisations are using bioresources for commercial benefits, without proper authentication and compensation to concerned authorities.
(a) Give the term for this unauthorised act.
(b) Suggest any two ways to get rid of this.
12. A bacterium Bacillus thuringiensis produces a toxic protein named cry protein that is lethal to certain insects but not to bacterium
(a) Why this toxin does not kill the bacteria?
(b) What type of changes occur in the gut of insects on consuming this protein?
(c) How man has exploited this protein for his benefit?
Please refer to the link below for CBSE Class 12 Biology - Biotechnology and its Applications Assignment