CBSE Class 12 Biology Principles of Inheritance and Variation Assignment Set B.CBSE,CCE and NCERT students can refer to the attached file. All educational material on the website has been prepared by the best teachers having more than 20 years of teaching experience in various schools. The study material available on our website for all CBSE classes and subjects have been prepared by teachers from all over the country. All study material has been carefully designed keeping into mind the latest CBSE examination trends.
VSA (1 MARK)
1. Give any two reasons for the selection of pea plants by Mendel for his experiments.
2. Name any one plant that shows the phenomenon of incomplete dominance during the inheritance of its flower colour.
3. Name the base change and the amino acid change, responsible for sickle cell anaemia.
4. Name the disorder with the following chromosome complement.
(i) 22 pairs of autosomes + X X Y
(ii) 22 pairs of autosomes + 21st chromosome + XY.
5. A haemophilic man marries a normal homozygous woman. What is the probability that their daughter will be haemophilic?
6. A test is performed to know whether the given plant is homozygous dominant or heterozygous. Name the test and phenotypic ratio of this test for a monohybrid cross.
SA-II (2 MARKS)
7. Identify the sex of organism as male or female in which the sex chromosome are found as
(i) ZW in bird (ii) XY in Drosophila (iii) ZZ in birds. (iv) XO in grasshopper.
8. Mention two differences between Turner's syndrome and Klinefelter's syndome.
9. The human male never passes on the gene for haemophilia to his son. Why is it so?
10. Mention four reasons why Drosophila was chosen by Morgan for his experiments in genetics.
11. Differentiate between point mutation and frameshift mutations.
Please refer to the link below for CBSE Class 12 Biology Principles of Inheritance and Variation Assignment Set B
Click for more Biology Study Material ›