CBSE Class 12 Biology Ecosystem Assignment Set A . Based on CBSE and NCERT guidelines. The students should read these basic concepts to gain perfection which will help him to get more marks in CBSE examination.
VSA (1 MARK)
1. Decomposition is faster if deteritus is rich in nitrogen and water soluble substance like sugars. When is the decomposition process slower?
2. If we count the number of insects on a tree and number of small birds depending on those insects as also the number of larger birds eating the smaller, what kind of pyramid of number would we get?
3. Differentiate between Sere and Seral communities.
4. Who are generally the pioneer species in a Xerarch succession and in a Hyararch succession?
5. Which metabolic process causes a reduction in the Gross Primary Productivity?
6. What percentage of photosynthetically active radiation is captured by plants?
7. Name the pioners of primary succession in water.
SA-II (2 MARKS)
8. What is the shape of pyramid of biomass in sea? Why?
9. Give an example of an ecological pyramid which is always upright. Justify your answer.
10. Differentiate between primary succession and secondary succession. Which one occurs faster?
11. Gaseous nutrient cycle and sedimentary nutrient cycles have their reservoir. Name them. Why is a reservoir necessary?
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 12 Biology Ecosystem Assignment Set A
Click for more Biology Study Material ›