CBSE Class 12 Biology Biotechnology Principles and Processes Assignment Set B. CBSE and NCERT students can refer to the attached file. All educational material on the website has been prepared by the best teachers having more than 20 years of teaching experience in various schools. The study material available on our website for all CBSE classes and subjects have been prepared by teachers from all over the country. All study material has been carefully designed keeping into mind the latest CBSE examination trends.
VSA (1 MARK)
1. A restriction enzyme digests DNA into fragments. Name the technique used to check the progression of this enzyme and separate DNA fragments.
2. Name two commonly used vectors in genetic engineering.
3. Some enzymes are considered as molecular scissors. in genetic engenrring. What is the name assigned to such enzymes?
4. Write conventional nomenclature of EcoRI.
5. A linear DNA fragment and a plasmid has three restriction sites for EcoRI how many fragments will be produced from linear DNA and plasmid respectively.
SA-I (3 MARKS)
13. Since DNA is a hydrophillic moelcule, it cannot pass through cell membranes. Name and explain the technique with which the DNA is forced into (ii) a bacterial cell (ii) a plant cell (iii) an animal cell.
14. How will you otbain purified DNA from a cell?
15. In recombinant DNA technology, vectors are used to transfer a gene of interest in the host cells. Mention any three features of vectors that are most suitable for this purpose.
Please refer to the link below for CBSE Class 12 Biology Biotechnology Principles and Processes Assignment Set B
Click for more Biology Study Material ›