CBSE Basic Concepts and Assignment for Class XII Biology -Biodiversity and Conservation . Based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. The students should read these basic concepts to gain perfection which will help him to get more marks in CBSE examination.
VSA (1 MARK)
1. Habitat loss and fragmentation has caused severe damage to a particular type of ecosystem. Name it.
2. What trend is observed in respect of species diversity when we move from equator to poles?
3. Which region is considered as the one with highest biodiversity on earth? What is the name given to such region.forests?
4. Ecologists have discovered that value of lies in range of 0.1 to 0.2 regardless of taxonomic group or region. When will the slope of line steeper in species area relationship?
5. Define cryopreservation. Why is it useful in conserving biodiversity?
6. What is the reason for genetic variation shown by medicinal plant Rauwolfia vomitoria?
7. How many species of plants and animals have been described by IUCN in 2004? What is global species diversity according to Robert May?
8. Explain co-extinction with a suitable example.
VSA (1 MARK)
1. Tropical Rain Forest.
2. In general, species diversity decreases as we move away from the equator towards poles.
3. Amazonian rain forests. They are also called the Lungs of the planet.
4. Slope of line is much steeper if one analyses the species¡Varea relationship among very large areas like entire continents.
5. Preserving a material in liquid nitrogen at 196°C. It can be done to preserve threatened species in viable and fertile condition for long period.
6. Genetic variation might be in terms of potency and concentration of the active chemical reserpine produced by plant.
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 12 Biology - Biodiversity and Conservation